Do you want to work on the latest network and security technology? Do you want to lead an exceptional team of technical people who support nearly every internal customer at T-Mobile? Do you want to feel like you are directly contributing to the success of T-Mobile, and be part of the Uncarrier movement? Look no further! We are looking for a smart, enthusiastic, and creative leader with a history of strategic and tactical execution. This manager will lead a team of talented engineers toward continuous improvements in the existing core and edge infrastructure, while validating designs and auditing the existing network configuration to ensure consistency and quality in design and deployment. This leader will also have responsibility for work flow management and validation of changes to the production network, working closely with the implementation and operations teams to maintain high quality in change control and new deployments.As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile USA, Inc. (NASDAQ: "TMUS") is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile USA. Inc. provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and Metro by T-Mobile. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.comWho are we looking for-
* Must be able to multi-task in its true meaning
* Must be able to deal with ambiguities and changes in business environment
* Must have excellent communications skills to engage various levels of individuals including senior leadership
* Must have high sense of accountability and a desire to excel in leadership
* Must have extensive breadth as well as depth in technologies and solutions T-Mobile currently uses within its infrastructure
* Must be fluent in technology trends and applicability of existing or emerging technologies for T-Mobile business problems
* Must have hands-on experience with equipment from well-known data infrastructure vendors including: Cisco, Alcatel-Lucent, Tellabs, F5, Nokia, Juniper, EMC, HP, NetApp
* Must have working knowledge of network security threats and vulnerabilities that may adversely affect network infrastructure and attached host systems
* Must be pro-active and creative in identifying business challenges and matching innovative solutions
* Must be conversant in one or more of the following areas: General networking knowledge including Cisco router and switching products IOS, NXOX, XOS. Network security firewall platforms including Checkpoint and Cisco, application traffic management LTM and GTM platforms including F5 and A10 products, system administration of Solaris/Linux including OS installation and hardware configuration, Sun and HP hardware
* B.S. in Engineering or Science, Computer Science or Telecommunications required, master's degree preferred. Equivalent combination of education and experience in core data infrastructure design may be considered
* At least 10 years of relevant industry experience with 5 of those years in a wireless service provider or a Tier 1 Internet service provider required
What would you do:
* Lead a team of 8 or more FTEs
* Identify staffing requirements; interview and make recommendations for hiring
* Identify training needs for employees; plan and implement training resources
* Conduct performance evaluations, build employee career development plans
* Prepare yearly budgeting requirements, manage team budget for CAPEX and OPEX
* Provide IP infrastructure and network security vision by aligning IP network with T-Mobile's mid-range goals (24 mo)
* Deliver the IP network architecture
* Enhance performance of existing networks, identify opportunities for improvement and devise innovative solutions
* Creation, development and realization of strategic initiatives
* Provide expertise to business, design, regulatory, marketing, product, standardization and operational support teams.
* Identify new trends and changes related to network design and adjusting team structure to proactively meet these needs.
* Lead critical path projects on behalf of the larger IP team
* Maintain active project roster for customer initiatives
* Participate in the development of solution delivery dates for design activities.
* Partner with internal and external customer to meet network deployment and network quality needs.
* Work with Principal Engineers and vendors to stream line the reference design delivery for the broader IP teams.
* Partner with cross functional organizations to facilitate the smooth delivery of new services and nodes.
* Advise infrastructure team of needed equipment inventories and provide budgetary guidance for customer initiative and capital project needs.
* Represent organization during project planning and kickoff phase
* Assist in the leadership of "Design Review" function
* Translate 3 year architecture into actionable steps
* Analyze new potential vendor partners and suppliers
* Deliver a validated reference architecture to design organization
* Reference architectures / strategies across the breadth of IP network and infrastructure services
* Generate, disseminate, evaluate RFIs and RFPs for technology selection
* Conduct technology evaluation / selection within the context of the replica lab networks
* Knowledge transfer and support to Infrastructure Design Services
About T-Mobile USA
T-Mobile USA provides wireless solutions.