Sr Software Engineer, Platform Engineering
Are you ready to join the un-carrier movement? Do you enjoy working on products with direct customer impact? Are you looking for a team of high performers to help expand your skills and experience? Can you bring Un-carrier to everything you do? Do you think outside of the box and aren't afraid to break the rules?
T-Mobile's Platform Engineering team is part of the Infrastructure Transformation and Services. Our team of magicians are focused on delivering simple, secure, scalable services that are platform and infrastructure agnostic. And we build, deliver, support our services with a simple business model - "be easy to do business with". We are true enablers, meaning our team of magicians provide the tools for developers to be self-sufficient, we get them on-boarded and out of their way! With it comes an out-of-the-box experience for logging, monitoring, HA, auto-scaling, and more. This means our developers spend more time focusing on the data and application code while having very little worry about the underlying infrastructure.
Today, the Platform Engineering team manages over 40K+ containers. We operate 2 platform at scale (Pivotal Cloud Foundry, Pivotal Kubernetes Services). Customer success & empathy, Ownership, Change and Innovation is in our DNA. We challenge the status quo and everything we do is focused on what value-add do we deliver to our end-users (our engineering community).
Want to learn more about our team? Check these out!
* Our journey with Pivotal Cloud Foundry upgrades
* Our customer obsessed journey
* Chaos Engineering for Pivotal Cloud Foundry
* Making multi-cloud a reality at T-Mobile
Enterprise Core Competencies
Requires competency in customer focus, change & innovation, strategic thinking, relationship building & influencing, results focus and inspirational leadership.As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile USA, Inc. (NASDAQ: "TMUS") is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile USA. Inc. provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and Metro by T-Mobile. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.com
* 4+ Years Technical engineering experience
* Experience working with/on Platform as a Service technologies
* Experience with microservice architecture/distributed systems architecture
* Experience in unit testing frameworks (i.e. pytest, mock, chai, nock, sinon, etc.)
* Experience working with Data Services that include Redis, MySQL, MongoDB, and/or Gemfire
* Experience working with messaging services that include RabbitMQ and/or Kafka
* Experience using containers to deliver an application
* Understanding of cloud-native/12Factor design principles
* Experience with CI/CD Pipeline systems like Jenkins, Concourse, Hudson, Bamboo
Bachelor's Degree, Computer Science or Engineering, or equivalent experienceEssential Functions
* Be an inspirational technical leader.
* Build, design, test, release and operate services at scale.
* GSD : Take full stack ownership of your area and get stuff done.
* Be customer obsessed. Demonstrate ownership & strive for change, innovation.
* Identifies, analyzes, and synthesizes information, applying critical thought to present the information in a clear and meaningful way.
* Partners across multiple IT teams, and Business to ensure clarity on assessment impacts in alignment with scope of project or initiative.
* Communicates technical and functional requirements effectively and efficiently.
* Identifies improvements, makes critical decisions and works with subject matter experts throughout the organization to implement solutions.
* Multi-tasks while managing projects from end-to-end, in a demanding and rapidly-changing environment.
* Effectively presents to leadership within the organization.
* Accountable for technical solution delivery on initiatives, including scope negotiation, solution alignment and timeline management.
* Works independently as well as collaboratively.
* Relationship Building: Seeks out strategic relationships that will increase team output, process accuracy, improve time to market and customer experience. Establishes and contributes to beneficial shared goals cross-functional teams. Leverages the capabilities, insights, and ideas of others. Manages relationships with vendors. Demonstrates trust.
* Inspirational Leadership: Demonstrates integrity. Delivers feedback and develops team members and managers. Inspires employees to achieve business results. Uses leadership experiences to guide direct reports and team members. Creates a culture of recognition and elevates team visibility.
* Strategic Thinking: Facilitates goal creation for the broader function and works with managers to cascade goals to team. Communicates organizational direction through goal setting and alignment. Measures deliverables to determine success of goals, gain input from stakeholders, and modify action plan
* Results Focus: Creates urgency by setting high standards for self and others to meet goals. Demonstrates a customer first attitude by keeping commitments and holding employees accountable. Plans, identifies, communicates, and delegates appropriate responsibilities to team members and managers to enable successful operations.
* Innovation: Pursues new and challenging projects to expand knowledge. Seeks out new technologies, alternative and best practice solutions to business problems. Foster environment where team members identify problems, risks to continually review key business initiatives and find optimal resolutions.
About T-Mobile USA
T-Mobile USA provides wireless solutions.