Sr. Engineer-Software - R&D Med Delivery
Req #: 190005DO
Location: Round Lake, IL US
Job Category: Engineering
Date Posted: 6/26/2019 1:15:03 PM
Around the world, our employees are united by our mission to save and sustain lives. Together, we create a culture that encourages colleagues to pursue rewarding careers -- where everyone has the opportunity to do meaningful work as a part of a team they respect, in an environment that values each person's contributions. We're happy you're interested in continuing your career journey with Baxter.
The Sr. Engineer-Software, reports to the Sr. Manager Engineering for R&D Medication Delivery, and will apply standard software engineering methodologies and tools to solve difficult problems (e.g., software design methodologies, architecture, UML-modelling, software configuration management, unit testing, static analysis, and FMEA). Plans and leads project assignments in the evaluation, selection and adaptation of various techniques, procedures, and criteria with minimal guidance.
Contributes to a Software Engineering vision that aligns with the organization's vision and strategic plan. Utilizes solid understanding engineering theory and best-practice in a variety of disciplines to manage complex projects or programs within boundaries of quality, time and budget. Exhibits creativity and innovation in completing divisional and cross-functional/business unit goals and objectives.
Specific responsibilities include:
* Responsible for defining, implementing, executing, and documenting embedded software within Baxter's Infusion Systems and Applications device portfolio. The activities will encompass all facets and phases of software development & test and life cycle management, meeting all regulatory and quality standards to realize complex, innovative, reliable systems that improve the quality of life for people around the world.
* Support sub-system development plans, SW requirements development, code development and optimization, unit and integration testing, SW risk and reliability analysis, root cause analysis.
* Responsible for implementing modules/units, performing peer code review, performing unit-testing, subsystem testing and participating/leading various system integration activities.
* Develop solid designs that balance requirements from multiple stakeholders including marketing/product owner, program management, operations, quality assurance and service.
* Responsible for rapid prototyping of highly innovative concepts for concept/feasibility testing.
* Conduct SW design reviews and implement resolutions of the actions.
* Collaborate with other functions including with the software test activities with all other engineering disciplines, including external development partners.
* BS in Electrical, Computer Science, Software Engineering and 3-5 years of product development experience or Master degree with 0-2 years of related experience.
* Experience with all phases of Software Development Lifecycle, application of Agile methodologies, use of Continuous Integration Tools, Test Automation.
* Solid understanding of current Software Analysis and Design techniques: Object oriented analysis and design, Design Patterns, UML
* Preferred experience with C, C++ in embedded RTOS environments.
* Preferred experience in at least one of the following: multi-threaded programming, network programming, cybersecurity controls, and GUI development.
* Working knowledge of Data structures and internals of Linux and/or Real Time Operating systems.
* Understand and articulate how own role ties within function or discipline.
* Demonstration application of engineering principles on individual/small projects.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the law - Poster Supplement
Pay Transparency Policy
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail to Americas_TTA@baxter.com and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.
About Baxter International
Baxter International develops, manufactures and markets healthcare products.