Business Systems Analyst
Req #: 190007FL
Location: Round Lake, IL US
Job Category: Information Technology
Date Posted: 6/6/2019 8:54:35 PM
Are you looking for a career that matters?
We believe every person deserves a chance for a healthy life, free from illness and full of possibility. We see a world full of healing, with viable care options available to those with limited choices today. We envision new ways of providing physicians, pharmacists and nurses with technologies that not only treat chronic diseases, but also work to prevent them. We're looking for team members who are motivated to learn, grow and innovate, while making a meaningful difference for millions of people around the world.
Business Systems Analyst-Operations
Technical Service-Global Services
Round Lake, IL
* Analyze business processes.
* Identify, evaluate, develop and/or redesign systems and procedures to meet user requirements.
* Create detailed written user requirements for developers.
* Provide consultation to customers on business process redesign.
* Assist in the development of system documentation and training materials as well as training processes.
* Analyze and make decisions that have cross functional business impact.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
* Own key tasks, demonstrate solid business knowledge, able to perform tasks with minimum direction, give guidance to others, handle complex problems, possess solid knowledge of System Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
* Gather, understand and document business objectives, specifications and requirements on small/medium size projects.
* Develop and execute unit/system test cases, scripts and plans.
* Define, design, and document business flows and processes on small & medium size projects.
* Define and articulate business rules required for data accuracy and consistency. Identify and resolve data quality issues. Act as the primary contact for the data management process between IT developers and the business.
* Provide end-user support on applications supported within the organization.
* Identify, analyze, propose and document appropriate solutions for problems and issues that may impact the project. Identify and understand issues that may impact day-to-day operations and/or project costs. Use technical tools for (queries, process maps, etc.) for problem resolution.
* Understand and follow appropriate SDLC, quality validation processes and application processes.
* Communicate status, solutions and concerns. Disseminate information in a timely manner within the team and across functions or teams. Establish and maintain relationships within the business or function.
* Provide cross-functional and business knowledge to develop business system and process alternatives.
* Train others as appropriate on specific area of business or systems expertise. Assist in development of training materials
* Bachelor's degree preferred or relevant work experience in systems or business.
* 5+ years' experience in applying information systems solutions to business problems.
* Solid knowledge of the application development process.
* Strong communication skills (verbal/written/listening). Ability to communicate in Global Setting.
* Solid business knowledge. Sense of urgency with strong follow-up skills. Must be detailed oriented and able to work with in a team setting.
* Prior working knowledge of Siebel desired
* Prior working knowledge of Salesforce.com (SFDC) desired
* Project Management experience desired
* Experience with system testing, validation, problem resolution and training preferred
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the law - Poster Supplement
Pay Transparency Policy
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail to Americas_TTA@baxter.com and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.
About Baxter International
Baxter International develops, manufactures and markets healthcare products.