Core Services Engineering builds and manages the critical products and services that Microsoft runs on. We boldly pursue big ideas that power transformational advances at Microsoft and for our customers, while helping Microsoft teams work smarter, faster and more securely every day. Core Services Engineering employees have deep technical and business expertise, customer insights, and a clear point of view that comes from first-hand, large-scale experience with Microsoft and industry solutions. We are engineers, technology leaders and experts, digital transformation change agents, and customer advocates.
We have exciting opportunities for you to innovate, influence, transform, inspire and grow within our organization and we encourage you to apply to learn more!
The Data team in Shared Services (part of Core Services Engineering) is looking for a passionate, creative, analytical and experienced senior data scientist who loves big data, curious to explore and unveil insights to create a business story and reporting to impact key business decisions. Our team plays a key role in providing data and analytics within Core Services Engineering and owns the end to end data-driven decision making charter which includes:
* Bringing the relevant data together to deliver high value business scenarios
* Developing a good understanding of business, identifying and analyzing problems and challenges
* Building advanced analytical models using machine learning to help solve business problems in areas of segmentation, prediction, recommendation engine, etc. that spans over sales, marketing, supply chain, finance, HR and engineering areas.
Knowledge, experience and skills:
* Bachelor's degree or higher in Statistics/Math/Computer Science or related field
* 4+ years of industry work experience to implement predictive models in big data environment
* Experience in SQL, R, Python to implement statistical models, machine learning, and analysis (Prediction, Classification, Clustering, time series forecasting, regression models, etc.)
* Experience with data mining using SQL, ETL and Data Warehouses
* Experience on tools and systems for working with big data such as Azure, Cosmos, Hadoop, Spark
* Exceptional written and verbal communication to educate and work with cross functional teams
* Be self-driven and show ability to deliver on ambiguous projects with incomplete or dirty data
Preferred, not required:
* Post graduate degree in quantitative field
* Experience with programming skills, e.g. Java, C#
* Familiarity with deep learning toolkits, e.g. CNTK, TensorFlow, etc. or NLP is a plus
The ideal candidate will have experience in a team environment, experience developing and running enterprise scalable ML solutions, technical depth in ML/SL knowledge, agile development practices to drive projects forward from ambiguity, and experience in explaining complex data design and models to audience without technical background.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
To be successful in this role, you must be driven, self-directed, entrepreneurial and focused on delivering the right results. You also need to have strong skills in written and oral communications, a can-do attitude and the willingness to tackle hard problems in innovative ways. You also thrive in a team environment that values cross team collaboration and building on the success of others.
* Design, prototype, implement and test descriptive and predictive analytics models
* Work with data engineers to architect and develop operational models that run at scale
* Partner with teams to identify and explore opportunities for the application of machine learning and predictive analysis
* Communicates well with technical and non-technical audiences, and contributing modeling expertise as a team player
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.