Cloud Operations + Innovation (CO+I) is the team behind one of the World's largest Cloud Infrastructures, responsible for powering all Microsoft online Products and Services as well as powering Microsoft's "Cloud First" mission. Our focus is on smart growth, high efficiency, and delivering a trusted experience to customers and partners worldwide, and we are looking for passionate, high energy program managers to help achieve that mission.
If you want to have fundamental impact on how Microsoft's Cloud is deployed and operated globally, want to be involved with one of the most strategically important teams at Microsoft, if creativity, leadership, strong technical and business acumen and out of the box thinking are some of the skills you bring to the table - this job is for you!
We are looking for experienced technical program managers with deep technical and business expertise, extraordinary leadership and demonstrated large-scale technical program management success. You should have exceptional industry knowledge, technical expertise, and have the executive presence to lead complex and time sensitive initiatives.
In this role, the successful candidate will partner closely with key engineering leaders to drive programs focused on transforming how we deliver data centers to our customers. These programs will be on the leading edge of innovation and will include driving pilots and other experiments that shape on ongoing strategy. You balance strong analytical and technical skills with the ability to influence decision makers within the CO+I leadership and execution teams. You will also partner very closely with related teams including our engineering, construction, and data center project management teams.
Skills & Qualifications
* BS/BA degree or equivalent plus 5-8 years of project / program management experience
* Experience driving execution with hyper-scale cloud engineering groups preferred.
* BA/BS in computer science degree preferred, MBA preferred.
* Should have a mix of technical and program management skills and experience.
* Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
* 7+ years of program management / datacenter construction / network engineering experience; self-motivated, confident working at a senior executive level and comfortable working in a matrixed organization
* Strong program and project management skills
* Technical program management experience managing scope, schedule, budget, quality, people, risk and communications
* Demonstrably clear leadership skills and experience working with large, diverse teams
* Understanding of business and financial concepts
* Exceptional executive level communication and engagement skills
* Ability to work in a flexible, fast-paced environment
* Self-managing leader who takes initiative
* Advanced experience with applications such as MS Project, MS Office, SharePoint
The ideal candidate possesses the following:
* MBA or equivalent advanced degree
* Professional PM certification, ESi, PMP, PMI, Prince 2 or equivalent
* Experience applying Earned Value Management techniques to measure project performance
* Experience managing large scale construction or network infrastructure projects
* Exceptional problem identification and problem resolution skills
* Understanding of contract language
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to, the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Roles & Responsibilities
* Manage a portfolio of programs from initiation through execution, enhancing business value across different program delivery dimensions
* Apply 'Best in Class' project and program management methodologies to achieve superior results
* Manage cross-functional, geographically dispersed project teams like networking, procurement, and operations, creating connection across siloed teams, processes, and systems.
* Drive business results through a regimented focus on key performance indicators and business goals, promoting clarity and motivation to the project team to execute on time, under budget, while delivering high quality results with zero rework.
* Proactively manage issues and risks and lead executive level forums on the same
* Integrate lessons learned into continual process improvement efforts
* Drive intelligence and automation in the datacenter delivery platform by using data to improve quality, delivery timelines, and cost performance, while reducing manual touches
* Design and drive implementation of reporting by interfacing with business, engineering, finance, operations, and systems teams to provide actionable insights.
* Deliver on ambiguous projects with multiple stakeholders, unclear requirements and incomplete data
* Present findings and recommendations to key engineering decision makers and leadership team members
Microsoft develops, licenses, and supports software, services, devices, and solutions.