At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Infrastructure and developer efficiency are important for Uber's success. Our team is committed to building world-class intelligent infrastructure and devising tools to improve developer productivity. Specifically, we
Develop a deep understanding of the hardware and data infrastructure, to identify opportunities, seize them and develop innovative solutions to reduce storage and/or compute requirements and reduce overall cost. Help developers achieve higher productivity by automating manual tasks, build data science products that improve Uber app reliability and performance.
What you'll do
As a Senior Data Analyst for the Intelligent Infrastructure and Developer Platform team you will:
* Monitor and evaluate the state of our infrastructure and the developer lifecycle by becoming a domain expert, communicating with stakeholders, identifying the right summary metrics, constructing and maintaining dashboards that display them, evangelizing their content.
* Apply statistical skills to analyze experiments and quantify the impact of network and backend improvements on Uber products.
* Find inefficiencies in the data infrastructure and developer tooling and come up with innovative solutions.
* Partner with various engineering and product teams in building world-class data science products.
What You'll Do / What You'll Need / Bonus Points / About the Team
What you'll need
* A graduate degree or equivalent in a quantitative domain (e.g. statistics, mathematics, computer science)
* 3+ years of delivering insights, carrying out well-thought analyses and owning highly successful and innovative products with your fingerprints all over them - you're extremely proud of what you've accomplished
* Strong knowledge of statistical principles. Understanding of Machine Learning is a big plus
* Strong proficiency in SQL, Python and/or R
* Knowledge of HDFS, Hive, Presto and other big data technologies
* Ability to turn broadly defined problems into actionable steps
* Employees are given Uber credits every month.
* The rare opportunity to change the way the world moves. We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
* Smart, engaged co-workers.
* 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, nine paid company holidays.
* Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
* Unlimited vacation policy; take time when you need it.
Be sure to check out the Uber Engineering Blog to learn more about the team.
Uber provides a mobile application connecting passengers with drivers for hire.