The TJX Companies
Success is always in style at TJX, a Fortune 100 company and the leading off-price apparel and home fashion retailer in the U.S. and worldwide. Our retail chains include TJ Maxx, Marshalls, HomeGoods, Sierra and Homesense.
In this Engineering Lead role, the candidate will partner with internal product groups and engineering teams to design and deliver Infrastructure as Code automation for projects and platforms, while advancing TJX's automation capabilities through collaboration with multiple architecture and engineering teams
* Provides thought leadership and engineering guidance to teams working on automation across a broad range of platforms and applications.
* Helps assess, prioritize, and plan activities of the core automation team.
* Functions as a technical expert in the design, development, and maintenance of automation solutions for on premise infrastructure as well as IaaS and PaaS cloud providers.
* Defines and communicates best practices for Infrastructure as Code, including integration with DevSecOps pipelines.
* Actively participates in governance processes, including automation code reviews and promotion.
* Fosters culture of continuous improvement across automation teams, helps identify, evaluate, and implement improvements.
* Mentors team members in the use of automation patterns, best practices, tools, and scripting languages.
* Follows industry trends and emerging tools, evaluates new tools and automation technologies, recommends and plans introduction of new tools.
* Responsible for defining and implementing technical improvements/projects that increase the quality and availability of the business systems/services and to ensure proper operation.
* Manages complex situations, projects, and internal client interactions.
* Leads the analysis and communication of project requirements, updates, metrics, and general information.
* Analyzes data to determine the effectiveness and efficiency of existing systems; develop and implement strategies for improving or further leveraging these systems.
* Defines and implements standards and processes around all core infrastructure equipment based on business needs and industry best practices within the corporate data centers and remote computing facilities.
* Oversees all 3rd party service provider installations and implementations.
* Uses sophisticated analytical thought to exercise judgment and identify innovative solutions.
* Mentors junior teammates to build technical expertise, may have people management responsibilities.
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Business Administration or equivalent related experience.
* 8+ years of experience in systems engineering or implementation of systems supporting retail and/or corporate business operations.
* Proven track record delivering infrastructure automation solutions in a complex and dynamic global Enterprise environment.
* In-depth knowledge of automation patterns, best practices, and tools.
* Solid understanding of a broad range of infrastructure technologies, including servers, virtualization, storage, and network.
* Strong experience developing full-stack automation for COTS applications such as ERP or Financials. Experience with Oracle applications is a plus.
* Extensive hands-on experience with Ansible Tower, CyberArk, UNIX shell, and PowerShell scripting.
* Experience with Jira, Confluence, BitBucket, XebiaLabs, and ServiceNow.
* Knowledge of security considerations and patterns for automation.
* Experience developing automation for cloud services like Azure or AWS
* Solid knowledge of software development lifecycle and best practices in both agile and waterfall methodologies.
* Experience with source code management using git or BitBucket.
* Strong troubleshooting and root cause analysis skills.
* Strong interpersonal, influencing, communications, and mentoring skills.
At TJX, we are proud that, for 40 years, we have been providing amazing value to our customers, but the merchandise we sell is just part of our story. We believe our Associates bring our business to life, and we aim to support you by making TJX a terrific place to work. We are committed to leveraging our differences, and believe that the diverse skills, experiences and background that you bring into the organization will help us continue to succeed.
Discover Different. Apply today!
In addition to our open door policy and supportive work environment, we also strive to provide a competitive salary and benefits package. TJX considers all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity and expression, marital or military status, or based on any individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. TJX also provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state and local law.
Posting Notes: Marlborough || MA
Nearest Major Market: Boston
Job Segment: Engineer, Merchandising, Oracle, Database, Fashion Retail, Engineering, Retail, Technology, Fashion
About The TJX Companies
The TJX Companies operates as an off-price apparel and home fashions retailer.