Success is always in style at TJX, a Fortune 100 company and the leading off-price apparel and home fashion retailer in the U.S. and worldwide. Our retail chains include TJ Maxx, Marshalls, HomeGoods, Sierra, Winners and Homesense.
We are looking for a Tools Engineer to play a multi-faceted role. As a Tools Engineer, the role have technical ownership for the tools in the DevOps space and will act as a SME to enable delivery and support organizations. This individual will also be responsible for driving adoption of the enterprise toolsets and act as technical consultant to delivery organizations.
Major Duties/ Responsibilities
* Fosters the adoption of DevOps tools and capabilities across IT product delivery teams, which include project managers, business analysts, QA testers, developers, and infrastructure engineers.
* Partners with IT product delivery and Enterprise DevOps teams to understand their capability requirements and identify, setup, configure tools to drive efficiencies and improve operational stability.
* Provides leadership for the solution design of projects that address strategic business needs. This includes in-depth analysis of multiple solution options and variants. Leads discussions on design approaches to solving visible, strategic and complex business problems. Authors technical designs that define how the functional requirements will be enabled.
* Partners with the Enterprise Architecture and Enterprise DevOps teams to multi-year DevOps tools roadmaps.
* Identify gaps in the Enterprise DevOps tools and capabilities offering and works with Enterprise Architecture and Enterprise DevOps to refine the DevOps roadmap.
* Provides technical leadership for the design and implementation of all new DevOps tools and capabilities. Performs hands on implementation work, as needed.
* Maintains broad knowledge in the area of DevOps tools and capabilities.
* Partners with Enterprise DevOps teams to define and maintain best practices for DevOps tools and capabilities.
* Provides governance to ensure IT product delivery teams are utilizing the DevOps tools and capabilities in an appropriate manner.
* Trains product delivery teams and other IT users in the proper use of DevOps tools and capabilities. Training tailored to the particular role (e.g. project manager, Scrum Master, Developer, etc.).
* Authors sizing and detailed estimates for highly complex new project requests. Participates in the creation of Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) models for large and complex projects. Maintains estimate artifacts for the solution designs throughout the project lifecycle.
* Performs other activities as assigned such as production support escalations, vendor RFPs, proofs of concepts, special projects.
* Expected to mentor one or more junior members of the team.
* Responsible for technical solution approach and macro design for complex and large projects or defined components of Enterprise projects. Approves technical solution designs for small to medium projects.
* Recommends technical solution alternatives based on variances of scope, budget, and timeline.
* Responsible for Reviewing & Approving the estimates for small to medium projects
* Recommends IT driven initiatives to enable key technical characteristics of business applications / services in their area of expertise
Span of Control (i.e. Direct/Indirect reports)
* 0 Direct / 1 - 4 indirect
Scope of Responsibility (i.e. Financial impact)
* Responsible for solution design decisions for large projects (typically greater than $500K)
* Activities directly impact project timelines and budgets
* Expert level functional understanding of the following DevOps capabilities: Planning & Collaboration, Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing, Continuous Delivery, and Configuration Management, Environment Provisioning, and Enterprise Monitoring.
* Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) experience
* Knowledge and experience with Jira and Confluence.
* Strong communication skills.
* Previous Agile Delivery experience.
* Thought Leadership.
* Agile Planning tools such as Rally or Version One.
* Test Automation Tool experience such as Selenium, UFT or ALM (any one of these).
* Extensive hands on experience with a wide range of DevOps tools including BitBucket, VSTS, Cloudbees Jenkins, Artifactory, Ansible, Groovy, Maven, HP UFT, XL Release, XL Deploy, AppDynamics, and Splunk.
* Technology design expertise which includes Performance, Security, Availability, as well as, Operations, Monitoring and Support.
* Experience in Relational database management skills like MSSQL, MySQL, SQL, Postgres or MongoDB preferred
* Experience in any of the scripting languages like Unix Shell Scripting, Python, Perl or PowerShell
* Experience using Red Hat Linux as a DevOps environment (e.g. install, configure, and integrate DevOps tools with Active Directory and Oracle Databases) (preferred).
* Extensive experience utilizing DevOps within private cloud and public cloud platforms like Microsoft Azure, Google or Amazon AWS cloud services.
* Ability to train IT product delivery teams on proper use of DevOps tools and capabilities.
* Strong consulting, leadership and mentoring skills.
* Must collaborate effectively across the IT organization and have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Demonstrated ability to effectively work both independently and within cross functional project teams that span multiple time-zones.
* Ability to understand the big picture and the short term perspectives of specific situations.
* Ability to influence others to achieve results.
* Strong problem-solving and analytic skills.
* Strong mentoring skills.
* Expert knowledge of the software development lifecycle.
* Extensive experience with Agile and Waterfall methodologies.
* Ability to alter direction easily to accommodate changing priorities.
* Strong knowledge of Sarbanes Oxley and PCI policies and controls.
* 8+ years of IT experience
* 3+ years' experience in technology and systems design roles and implementation of systems supporting retail and/or corporate business operations
Minimum Formal Education
Bachelor's Degree in technology or information systems or equivalent work experience.
At TJX, we are proud that, for 40 years, we have been providing amazing value to our customers, but the merchandise we sell is just part of our story. We believe our Associates bring our business to life, and we aim to support you by making TJX a terrific place to work. We are committed to leveraging our differences, and believe that the diverse skills, experiences and background that you bring into the organization will help us continue to succeed.
Discover Different. Apply today!
In addition to our open door policy and supportive work environment, we also strive to provide a competitive salary and benefits package. TJX considers all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity and expression, marital or military status, or based on any individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. TJX also provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state and local law.
Posting Notes: Marlborough || MA || TJX Corporate
Nearest Major Market: Boston
Job Segment: QA Tester, Consulting, Database, Merchandising, Oracle, Quality, Retail, Technology
TJX is an off-price apparel and home fashions retailer.