How do you protect against those with bad intentions? You create innovative technical processing solutions and collaborate with some of the finest talent in the IT field. Whether you're an Information Systems Technologist or an Encryption Strategy Expert, at Raytheon you'll grow a varied and rewarding career. And you'll be supported with a comprehensive and competitive benefits package that promotes work/life balance. If you're ready to take on today's big challenges, discover a world of opportunity at Raytheon.
* America's Best Large Employers by Forbes
* Career & Development Opportunities
* Entry, Mid, Senior
Back to Job Navigation (Overview)
Raytheon currently has an exciting IT position available that supports the Raytheon mission of making the world a safer place. We are seeking a System Administrator that will be working in a highly collaborative, multi-platform and multi-disciplined environment. The System Administrator must have the ability to obtain a top secret security clearance as they will be responsible for administering systems that contain classified data. The candidate is responsible for effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware and software related to a Windows infrastructure for both the classified and unclassified programs. Duties include, but are not limited to, desktop and workstation installation and configuration; hard disk cloning and imaging via Ghost, MDT, and other tools; hardware relocation; user accounts management; software installation and support; data backup and restoration and file and folder access management.
By any measure, Raytheon is an exciting and rewarding place to work. We pride ourselves on developing world-class talent in an inclusive atmosphere. The result is a workforce that takes pride in the company and consistently delivers superior solutions. Besides supporting our noble mission and collaborating with diverse and talented individuals, other benefits at Raytheon include a flexible 9/80 schedule, technical training, career growth opportunities, new technology immersion, and a work site 3 miles from the beach , Los Angeles International Airport and minutes from the LA Metro green line train stop. Raytheon has also been recognized for several prestigious awards including Fortune 500, Fortune's Global 500, ComputerWorld's "100 Best Places to Work in IT 2017," and Human Rights Campaign 2017 "Best Place to Work" for lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender employees.
The candidate's roles and responsibilities include:
* Administer and maintain systems support for software, hardware and servers: test, troubleshoot, diagnose, and resolve problems with support of Senior Administrators
* Provide timely technical support for users and work with them to solve existing problems
* Apply hardening security settings under guidance by Sr Administrators
* Active Directory Object Management (i.e. User, computer, groups)
* Manage NTFS and share permissions
* Identify, analyze and remediate technical challenges as appropriate to experience
* Administer backups and diagnose backup errors
* Manage client agents for server monitoring as well as agents for server management
* Experience in support of Microsoft Windows desktops (e.g. Windows XP, Windows 7, and Windows 10)
* Microsoft Windows Active Directory Services administration and support (e.g. user and computer objects administration, Group Policy) knowledge or Certificate
* Understanding of network services as related to Microsoft Windows environment (e.g. DC, DNS, DHCP, etc.)
* Strong customer interaction skills with users of all levels
* Effective written and interpersonal communication
* Active Secret security clearance
* U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment.
* U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will require the ability to access US only data systems.
* Active Top Secret security clearance
* Bitlocker support
* Windows command line and related utilities
* VMWare VSphere (ESXi, vCenter, etc)
* Automation via scripting
* Experience with the following Microsoft technologies:
* SCCM, KMS, MDT, and WSUS
* Exchange and Lync
* Windows desktops (Windows XP, 7, 10)
* Support experience with engineering applications such as MatLab, Green Hills products, Doors, and Subversion
* CompTIA Security+ certification or other industry-recognized certifications relevant to a Windows System Administrator
Minimum Education Required:
Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) builds radars and other sensors for aircraft, spacecraft and ships. The business also provides communications and electronic warfare solutions and performs research in areas ranging from linguistics to quantum computing. SAS is headquartered in McKinney, Texas USA. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Raytheon is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts. Follow us on Twitter.
Secret - Current
Computer/Management Information Systems
Type Of Job
CA - El Segundo
TX - Dallas
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon is a global company that specializes in defense and other government markets.