What you'll be doing...
This algorithm developer will join the Service Performance SON team with focus on self-optimizing network solutions within Verizon. In this role the individual will be a part of the team working to develop, prototype and test new algorithms and automation ideas to improve network performance and help increase operational efficiency. Responsibilities will include using algorithm development experience to support a team of network engineers to turn optimization ideas into executable code. This includes detailed problem definition for parameter/process automation, programming knowledge, test plan creation/execution, and KPI analysis with the intent of creating final guidance and direction for algorithm creation and adoption across all markets. This role will require close collaboration with the field performance teams to maintain focus on solving relevant and complex problems while also demonstrating value and KPI improvements over time. Along with developing solutions for existing Ericsson, Nokia and Samsung networks, growth opportunities include driving towards new solutions in an Open RAN network architecture, and also 5G network automation.
What we're looking for...
You'll need to have:
* Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
* Four or more years of relevant work experience.
Even better if you have:
* A degree.
* Six or more years of relevant work experience.
* Knowledge on LTE/VoLTE/3GPP standards/vendor architecture for LTE.
* Programming knowledge and the ability to code prototype algorithms and turn ideas into effective logic.
* Ability to automate processes, build scripts and solutions for a wide range of use cases, and deliver creative and useful insights to drive network performance improvements.
* Four or more years of Python programming experience.
* Experience using Conda and Pip to manage python libraries and environments.
* Experience working with multiple python environments.
* Four or more years of experience in developing object oriented applications.
* Three or more years of experience developing multi-threaded applications.
* Two or more years of experience in optimizing python code.
* Experience using and managing Jupyter like systems.
* One or more years of experience using MongoDB.
* Five or more years of experience using MySQL database.
* Three or more years of experience using and developing RESTful APIs.
* Five or more years of experience developing in Linux (preferably RedHat)
* Five or more years of experience using code repositories in a team
* environment. (Preferably Git based)
* One or more years of experience with Bash scripting
* Experience with: C, C#, Perl, PHP, Apache/Nginx.
* Excellent analytical, interpersonal, and communication skills (Verbal & Written).
* Excellent troubleshooting skills.
* Leadership skills, commitment to excellence, demonstrating company values and policies, initiating action, accepting responsibility for results, and making quality decisions
* Ability to attempt alternate solutions to resolve issues and seamlessly adjust to a dynamic, changing business environment.
* Ability to communicate clearly and concisely; listening attentively; applying appropriate grammar; and integrating large volumes of information from multiple sources.
* Experience with SON platforms within the wireless industry.
* Experience in system optimization for LTE for Ericsson, Nokia or Samsung end-to-end wireless network architecture, KPIs, and parameters. Expert level understanding of LTE air interfaces.
* Advanced knowledge of Network Manager systems (OSS, SAM, ENM etc.) with demonstrated experience in scripting, automation, advanced configuration and troubleshooting.
* Advanced skill set at common suite of performance tools including but not limited to RTT, ALPT, ELPT, NSP, ENM, LSM, Irisview, Trucall, NLT, Zite/SSAT, Mapinfo, Atoll.
* Experience with parameter optimization, testing and statistical analysis.
* Willingness to Travel.
* This Position can be located in any valid Verizon location.
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Verizon Communications (formerly Bell Atlantic) is a company providing communications, information, and entertainment products and services.