What you'll be doing...
As a Principal Maintenance Engineer, you will be responsible for being the subject matter expert who provides technical expertise with regards to the Ericsson, Nokia, and/or Samsung 4G eNodeB and 5G gNodeB in the Maintenance Engineering organization. This support will be provided during planning, staging, first office application (FOA/FSA), commercial deployment, and continued maintenance to a variety of teams that include Market Operations, Performance and Engineering, Network Implementation, Product Development, HQ/Territory Network Planning, National Systems, Information Technology, Revenue Assurance, and other Maintenance Engineering groups in order to fulfill complex business requirements. Other responsibilities include:
* Assisting in the planning, design, equipment selection, staging, testing, and integration of new system hardware and software (e.g., Roadmap, Lab, and FOA/FSA).
* Working with the vendor to develop and implement new products and product roadmaps which improve the product performance, functionality, and program profitability for Verizon Wireless.
* Supporting Product Development teams in the submission of requests for new product functionality.
* Actively managing Verizon Wireless and vendor lab environments in which they test and refine new hardware/software before approval for installation in the production environment.
* Leading operational teams in the FOA/FSA process for the first installation of new hardware/software including feature validations.
* Creating and publishing functional and technical requirements.
* Analyzing hardware/software design, features, and enhancements to develop test plans which effectively confirm the successful deployment and operation of the product.
* Developing troubleshooting guides to be used by all Network organizations.
* Providing outage resolution oversight, serving as the central Verizon escalation/support contact to Network Repair Bureau (NRB), Network Operations Center (NOC), customer service, national/market operations, and performance teams when major outages occur.
* Collecting, identifying, and evaluating data relating to system problems that impact application performance and efficiency.
* Analyzing system failures and developing short and long-term solutions to address them.
* Escalating issues to vendors to ensure minimum outage duration.
* Providing administrative management of monitored products, requiring the negotiation of Service Level Agreements (SLA's), Statements of Work (SOW's), and General Purchasing Agreements.
* Reviewing vendor performance regularly to ensure technical compliance with agreements, and collect penalties during non-compliance.
* Minimizing the cost of all new capital purchases and actively reduce existing vendor expense costs annually.
* Being held accountable for project and program results.
* Developing creative resolutions to complex problems.
What we're looking for...
You'll need to have:
* Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
* Six or more years of relevant work experience.
Even better if you have:
* A degree.
* Experience with operation, maintenance, and engineering of the Nokia eNodeB.
* Advanced knowledge of LTE signal and user plane flow.
* Advanced knowledge of device types (CategoryX, IoT) and interaction with eNodeB.
* Knowledge of 3GPP specifications for various new features and functionality.
* Expert-level knowledge of system architectures, system operations, end-to-end designs, and device-system interactions.
* The ability to work with multiple vendors across multiple platforms to achieve system stability.
* Independent thinking and an ability to work autonomously.
* Exercise considerable judgment in developing methods, techniques & evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
* Demonstrated full use and application of principles, theories, concepts, and technologies.
* Ability to work independently or as part of a highly-skilled technical team responsible for fulfilling complex business requirements with the implementation of reliable and efficient automated solutions (including enterprise-wide initiatives).
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Verizon Communications (formerly Bell Atlantic) is a company providing communications, information, and entertainment products and services.