What you'll be doing...
The person in this position will be responsible for the design, architecture, layout and development of reporting visualizations/dashboards and underlying data cubes/models to provide insights into the inventory of IT technology assets within Verizon. The ideal candidate has high technical understanding of IT asset life cycles and experience with the leading asset management tools and inventory initiatives/programs in Verizon IT. This person will be proficient in various reporting tools like Dundas Dashboard, Qlik Sense, Tableau, MS Excel Pivot tables/charts etc. and supporting database systems like SQL Server, MySQL, PostgreSQL etc. and will ensure the optimal performance of reporting solutions which are essential for tracking and reporting the IT asset inventory across the Verizon environment. This person should also have expert research and problem solving skills.
* Experience with major report development and data visualization tools like Dundas Dashboard, Qlik, Tableau and MS Excel.
* Experience with dimensional data modeling, building data cubes and dimensional roll-ups.
* Design, architect, implement reporting dashboards. This includes Installing, administering, configuring and upgrading Vendor Reporting software and ensuring license compliance.
* Implement ETL solutions using SQL integration. Identify and test for bugs and bottlenecks in the ETL solution.
* Knowledge of end to end HW and SW asset management life cycles.
* Basic familiarity with the role a major configuration management system (CMS/uCMDB) plays in the asset management functions.
* Focus on data quality, reviewing inventory and performing reconciliation analysis of HW and SW asset records.
* Decompose user requirements into technical specifications and develop reports against them.
* Work closely with CMDB and ITAM teams to understand various server and deployment architectures and produce reporting views as needed.
* Respond to user requests for assistance, and troubleshoot and resolve system issues.
What we're looking for...
You'll need to have:
* Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
* Three or more years of relevant work experience.
Even better of you have:
* A degree.
* Experience with database tools like SQL Server, PostgreSQL, MySQL etc.
* Experience with Pivot tables and charts in MS Excel.
* Knowledge with JIRA, XML, JSON, HTML, CSS.
* Experience with SSO configuration.
* SDLC methodologies from waterfall to agile.
* Strong team player who's able to also work independently; ability to take initiative.
* Strong verbal and written communication skills
* Excellent troubleshooting abilities.
* Certifications in ITIL concepts and practices.
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Verizon Communications (formerly Bell Atlantic) is a company providing communications, information, and entertainment products and services.