What you'll be doing...
The Network Security team within Verizon Global Network Management is seeking a Transport Network Security Architect to work on our team ensuring the operational security of next-generation Verizon networks supporting exciting new products like 5G. Security Architects in this role will use their experience and knowledge of transport networks and technologies to define and review security-relevant configuration on Verizon transport equipment, associated SDN controllers, and other elements of the overall architecture.
The Transport Network Security Architect will be responsible for ensuring that high-level security plans developed by planning teams are implemented with available processes and tools in a way that's both manageable and scaleable. As vulnerabilities are identified, the Transport Network Security Architect may also be consulted to evaluate the security risk of those vulnerabilities within the Verizon environment. In addition to the technical work of looking at equipment configuration or network architectures, this individual will also be responsible for working across security teams, network planning teams, and engineering teams to ensure that designs fit within Verizon's operational security model.
What we're looking for...
You'll need to have:
* Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
* Six or more years of relevant work experience.
* Experience with configuration and capabilities of transport network elements.
Even better if you have:
* Bachelor's degree in a STEM field or related discipline.
* Experience with transport network technologies (OTN, MPLS).
* Knowledge with IP networking protocols and architectures.
* Protocol-level understanding of IP traffic flow: UDP, TCP, ICMP and fundamental higher-layer protocols like DNS and HTTP.
* Knowledge with routing protocols such as ISIS, OSPF, and BGP.
* Knowledge of data collection from network equipment (SNMP, netflow, gRPC).
* Fundamental automation skills including experience with either scripting languages or compiled languages.
* Experience using Linux/UNIX environments.
* Written and verbal communication skills to clearly document security requirements and issues and explain complex technical issues to management.
* Experience and understanding of VXLAN design and operation.
* Security-related experience with authentication, authorization, and accounting protocols like TACACS+ and RADIUS.
* Experience searching and building reporting using Splunk or ElasticSearch/Logstash/Kibana.
* Data analytics skills, for example with Splunk machine learning toolkit.
* Experience with automation tools such as Ansible, Chef, or Puppet.
* Willingness to travel 25% or less.
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Verizon Communications is a broadband and telecommunications company operating 4G LTE network, 3G network, and information services.