Auto req ID: 180852BR
PepsiCo operates in an environment undergoing immense and rapid change, driven by eCommerce and emergent retail technologies. To ensure continued success in the food and beverage space, PepsiCo has assembled a dedicated eCommerce team - tasked with optimizing eCommerce operations and developing innovations that will give PepsiCo a sustainable competitive advantage. While tied closely to broader PepsiCo, the eCommerce group more closely resembles a start-up environment; embracing the core values of having bias for action, being results oriented, maintaining a community-focus, and prioritizing people.
PepsiCo's Data Science and Analytics group is a team of data scientists, technology specialists, and business innovators who operate within eCommerce to build industry-leading systems and solutions. By focusing on machine learning and automation, the Data Science & Analytics group is pushing the bounds of possibility for PepsiCo and its strategic partners.
What PepsiCo Data Science & Analytics does:
* Build machine learning systems to understand the cross-channel grocery ecosystem
* Perform statistical analysis across diverse datasets to drive and measure performance
* Work with PepsiCo's strategic partners to expand their technical capabilities, thereby creating a more robust data environment
* Utilize natural language understanding techniques to uncover insights from contextual data
* Develop scalable tools to drive automation and optimize business operations
As a Solutions Engineer, you will be a front-line contributor in the execution of PepsiCo's eCommerce growth strategy. You will work as a part of an analytics engineering team to develop scalable, automated technology solutions based on a collaborative tech-spec model. In doing so, you will be responsible for expanding PepsiCo's technical capabilities and help foster a data-driven culture. You will work with an agile team of data scientists and software engineers in the construction of business-accessible data science platforms and discrete tools. As an individual contributor, you will be responsible for the development of clean, tested, scalable code using standard coding guidelines to facilitate collaboration and streamline knowledge transfer with other technical teams. Ultimately, your work will be a part of PepsiCo's larger technology strategy, driving toward a sustainable competitive advantage.
* Develop and iteratively improve tools to facilitate reporting and automate data acquisition/analysis
* Work with the larger data science team to analyze large data sets to uncover trends, patterns, and insights
* Leverage analytical tools and data science techniques the analysis of large data sets to uncover business insights
* Maintain existing, essential business processes to ensure data quality and process function
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer/Data Science, an engineering discipline or similar
* Development experience in Python, Java, C or equivalent
* Comfort working with business stakeholders to specify technical solutions for business problems
* Demonstrated ability to effectively and concisely communicate with both business and technical audiences
* Experience/familiarity with querying languages such as SQL, PostgresSQL, MSSQL, or MySQL
* Embodies entrepreneurial mindset and key values of having a bias for action, results-oriented, community-focused, and prioritization of people
Relocation Eligible: Not Applicable
Job Type: Regular
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
Our Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Fair Credit Reporting Act, and all other applicable laws, including but not limited to, San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 - 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance; and Chapter XVII, Article 9 of the Los Angeles Municipal Code, commonly referred to as the Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO Policy
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement
PepsiCo operates as a food and beverage company worldwide.