Auto req ID: 169877BR
The next great shift in consumer behavior driven by technological disruption is underway, and it's happening in the food & beverage industry.
As other sectors have shifted to eCommerce-first business models in recent years, food & beverage has continued to rely predominantly on traditional brick & mortar models, but this is changing rapidly. New technologies are transforming every aspect of reaching consumers, from the rise of digital marketing and online grocery platforms, to the creation of supply chain tools that enable speedy at-home delivery. According to the Food Marketing Institute, 70% of U.S. consumers will shop online for groceries by 2024, with an estimated annual spend of $100 billion.
To deepen our efforts to seize this opportunity and lead the food & beverage industry into its remarkable next chapter, PepsiCo - a global company with powerhouse brands including Frito-Lay, Gatorade, Pepsi-Cola, Quaker, and Tropicana - is expanding its Global eCommerce Team. We're looking for the greatest minds in data & analytics, software development, machine learning optimization, and next-generation supply chain. Given PepsiCo's incredible reach - our foods and beverages are enjoyed more than one billion times a day in more than 200 countries and territories, and our value chain involves diverse partners ranging from farmers and food scientists to retailers and logistics specialists - the challenges we're addressing are complex and the solutions will be deeply impactful.
Although PepsiCo is a large multinational, the PepsiCo Global eCommerce Team prides itself on having the entrepreneurial, action-oriented culture of an exciting startup business. Our group includes startup founders, Silicon Valley veterans, food & beverage experts, and seasoned executives from digital transformation leaders such as Amazon and Walmart. Our goal is to build the technological products and capabilities that will reinvent our industry and make us the #1 food & beverage business in eCommerce for decades to come
This role is to build very large, scalable platforms using cutting edge data technologies, from the ground up and plan to leverage the most recent Big Data technologies, working closely with product engineering teams and data scientists to tackle problems in personalization, content discovery, search, advertising and content production, taking machine learning models in production and enabling data science research and analysis even amongst non-scientists in the company.
* Design and implement data infrastructure and processing workflows required to support data science, machine learning, BI and reporting in AWS
* Build robust, efficient and reliable data pipelines consisting of diverse data sources
* Design and develop real time streaming and batch processing pipeline solutions
* Own the data expertise and data quality for the pipelines
* Drive the collection of new data and refinement of existing data sources
* Identify shared data needs, understand their specific requirements, and build efficient and scalable pipelines to meet various needs
* Build data stores for feature variables required for machine learning
* BS or MS degree in Computer Science or a related technical field
* 4+ years of Python experience
* 4+ years of SQL experience (No-SQL experience is a plus)
* 4+ years of experience with schema design and dimensional data modeling
* Ability in managing and communicating data warehouse plans to internal clients.
* Experience designing, building and maintaining data processing systems
* Experience working with either a Map Reduce or a MPP system on any size/scale
* Experience with multiple data technologies and concepts such as Airflow, Kafka, Hadoop, Hive, Spark, MapReduce, SQL, NoSQL, and Columnar databases.
* Experience with specific AWS technologies (such as Glue, S3, Redshift, EMR, and Kinesis) a plus
* Role can also be based in our NYC location
Requires Department of Transportation (DOT) certification and successful Motor Vehicle Report (MVR) review during pre-onboarding processRelocation Eligible: Not Applicable
Job Type: Regular
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
Our Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Fair Credit Reporting Act, and all other applicable laws, including but not limited to, San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 - 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance; and Chapter XVII, Article 9 of the Los Angeles Municipal Code, commonly referred to as the Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO Policy
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement
PepsiCo operates as a food and beverage company worldwide.