Partners Data Systems
Req ID: 30269
Experience Level: Entry-Level
Other Location(s): N/A
Relocation offered: Yes
Travel required: None
Come grow with us
At Capital Group, how we work is defined by shared values that include absolute integrity, respect and collaboration. But it's more than that. It's smart and highly driven people united in purpose to serve our investors and one another.
Bring your energy and unique perspective to Capital and you'll have the opportunity to grow with us professionally, personally, and financially. You'll be part of a team that genuinely cares about helping you succeed. You'll work alongside talented colleagues, many of whom build long careers while progressing through multiple roles, establishing lifelong friendships and making a difference in our communities. In return for your contributions, you'll receive premier compensation and benefits, and a company-funded retirement plan that ranks among the most generous.
The Equity Tactical Development team within the Application Services IT group supports the Investment Group, Global Investment Control, Legal & Compliance, and Trading lines of business at Capital Group. We are responsible for building and maintaining high quality data, reporting and tactical application solutions that maximize business value, while also supporting Capital Group's more strategic IT initiatives. We are a multi-skilled team with team members working through technical solutions and also interfacing with business partners to map out solutions.
The Solutions Engineer based in downtown Los Angeles, CA participates in building solutions that range from simple to complex reports, data ETL (Extract, Transform, Load) workflows, tactical applications in multiple technologies, but most importantly, the ability to learn new technologies and work with business and IT partners to determine what solution best fits a particular tactical need. The ability to learn new technologies and business areas quickly in order to provide informed guidance to our business partners is essential.
* Participates in the discovery and capture of requirements from business stakeholders and technology partners, performs analysis, and creates high level designs for solutions.
* Participates in the development, testing, and implementation of solutions, by translating business data and non-functional requirements into working code.
* Analyzes, interprets, and visualizes data to help users meet complex reporting and analytical business needs for requests from senior business stakeholders or other technology areas.
* Provides support for production releases and incidents involving information solutions, with increasingly complex components and dependencies.
* Advises and trains business users on effective use of available data, tools, and usage techniques.
* Bachelor's Degree preferred in Computer Science, Mathematics, or related field
* 0-3 years of experience performing in an analyst or development role working with business users to understand business requirements, document them and help transform them into technology solutions
* Financial services industry experience is a plus
* Strong analytical and problem solving skills
* Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
* Experience with data analysis utilizing SQL and technologies such as R or Python
* Experience with data reporting tools such as Tableau or Alteryx
Founded in 1931, Capital Group is one of the world's largest and most trusted investment management companies and home to the American Funds. We manage more than US$1.7 trillion in assets, and our 7,500 associates make our clients their first priority every day. When we do our job right, millions of investors around the world fulfill their dreams and financial goals, from home ownership and higher education, to a comfortable retirement. Our long-term investment results and outstanding service set us apart from our competitors, while our workplace sets us apart from other employers.
We are an equal opportunity employer, which means we comply with all federal, state and local laws that prohibit discrimination when making all decisions about employment. As equal opportunity employers, our policies prohibit unlawful discrimination on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including gender and gender identity), pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, AIDS/HIV status, political activities or affiliations, military or veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, assault or stalking or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
Nearest Major Market: Los Angeles
Job Segment: Computer Science, Database, SQL, Data Analyst, Technology, Data, Entry Level
About Partners Data Systems
Partners Data Systems is a company that provides high availability storage and backup automation solutions.