Partners Data Systems
Software Instrument Control Engineer
Would you like to join an innovative team creating technology to power groundbreaking insights in academic, clinical, pharma and biotech research?
It is an extraordinary time for Fluidigm. Our technology is empowering customers to improve life through comprehensive health insight. We invite you to join a leading provider of indispensable life sciences tools that is accelerating global research on multiple frontiers of human health.
* At Fluidigm we are also building a positive culture where our people can do the best work of their careers, informed and influenced by our core values:
* Create what customers need next.
* Drive to make a difference.
* Collaborate and learn.
* Step up.
Fluidigm is looking for a Software Instrument Control Engineer to join the team
Essential duties include but are not limited to:
* Work closely with various departments and functional groups to develop and test instrument control software products for our cutting-edge instrumentation.
* Develop and maintain instrument control software on an embedded SBC using Microsoft .Net technologies.
* Develop and maintain C# software services that communicate and coordinate activities between various hardware components as in optics, pneumatics, mechanical, and thermal controls.
* Expose software services using iron python to develop scripts for engineering verification tests and to characterize the system.
* Use Microsoft .net WPF/MVVM technology to develop instrument control user interfaces that will be used by R&D, manufacturing, and field services as internal engineering tools.
* Develop and maintain instrument control firmware using an RTOS system for the MSP430 microprocessor. Includes implementing microcontroller peripherals and communications protocols (SPI, UART, PWM, ADC, USB, Modbus). Embedded development also may include FPGA programming.
* Create, execute, review and verify software designs, user workflows and verification plans. Update, maintain, and execute use cases, test cases, and test plans. Write unit tests and manual tests against test cases and test plans.
* Aid in the derivation and verification of system and product requirements
* Bachelor's in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or a related field.
* Minimum 3+ years of related experience
* Experience with Texas Instruments microcontrollers, embedded microprocessors, and DSPs and CPLDs and FPGAs.
* Experience in Python, C#/.Net and C/C++ programming language.
* Experience in Microsoft .Net technologies C# and WPF
* Knowledge of ISO processes, and quality control methods.
* Support you in your ongoing development and contribution both as an employee and a person.
* Value your contribution and enlist your feedback.
* Host excellent company-wide events multiple times a year.
* Offer onsite yoga classes, massages, randomly free and good food, friendly greetings, gym equipment and, seriously, a lot more.
Sounds good? Apply online with your resume!
Fluidigm is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status
About Partners Data Systems
Partners Data Systems is a company that provides storage and backup automation solutions.