Partners Data Systems
ABOUT OUR COMPANY
Graebel Van Lines is the largest independent Van Line in the US and a leader in corporate and residential moving services, warehousing and comprehensive workplace solutions. Recently receiving its Women Owned Business status (WEBNC) and headquartered in Dallas, the new re-launched company is built on the legacy of the Graebel family, which began in 1950, and continued, by its recent acquisition from successful moving industry experts Vauna and Robert Peterson. We are an energetic, fast paced company looking for someone who will operate with integrity, energy and a passion for being the best.
Graebel Van Lines is searching for a Front End Web Developer to join our Marketing team. This person is responsible for building new and supporting existing front-end development of Graebelmoving.com. The website's main focus is to generate leads to our sales team via phone call or web form submission, and the secondary focus is to assist other non-sales departments (i.e. Recruiting, Collections). This website is built on the WordPress CMS, but recent web pages have been built outside of the WordPress CMS (i.e. using AngularJS) in hopes of increasing conversion rates of site visitors to leads. We may continue using WordPress as our CMS or the decision may be made to move to Sitecore CMS, whereas, this person will assist in the relaunch. Additionally, this person will help to launch a second website, Optim.com, which will focus on our workspace area of our business. This is a new position. Current responsibilities are managed by an external web development team.
* Build new and support existing front-end development of Graebelmoving.com
* Build new and support future front-end development of Optim.com
* Deliver production quality code in Agile team environment
* Discover and implement recommendations to improve web performance (i.e. site speed and user experience)
* Conduct regular usability testing and fix bugs found on mobile, tablet, and desktop browsers
* Present development information in one-on-one and small group settings
* Adhere to all Company policies and procedures
* Adhere to all Company safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
* Perform various special projects as needed and other duties as assigned
* Maintain a high level of professionalism and confidentiality
* Predictable and reliable attendance
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCES
* BBA/BS in Computer Science or relevant field of study preferred
* 2+ years front end web development experience preferred
* Mastery of PHP and WordPress CMS
* Familiarity of ASP.NET and Sitecore CMS
* Understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues
* Experience working in an Agile team environment using two week sprints for delivery of production quality code
* Proficient understanding of MySQL, Amazon Web Services, and JIRA
* Proficient understanding of GIT or other version control tools
* Proficient understanding of image authoring tools (i.e. Gimp or Photoshop), to be able to crop, resize, or perform small adjustments on an image
* Ability to analyze information and determine corrective action when needed required
* Demonstrate ability to work effectively independently and within a collaborative team oriented environment using sound judgment in decision making
* Must be flexible, able to balance multiple tasks and changing priorities, and possess exceptional interpersonal skills
Graebel Van Lines, LLC is an EEO/AA Employer: Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Graebel Van Lines is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
About Partners Data Systems
Partners Data Systems is a company that provides high availability storage and backup automation solutions.