Solution Architect - Care Solutions
Rally Health is all about putting health in the hands of the individual. It's our mission, and it drives everything we do, which is to empower people with easy-to-use online and mobile tools that help them take charge of their health and health care, from improving their diet and fitness to selecting health benefits, and choosing the right doctor at the right price for their needs.
We are a startup like organization that is agile, motivated and backed by UnitedHealth Group, a Fortune 10 company with 2018 annual revenue of more than $200 billion. We have engineering offices in San Francisco, Washington DC, Chicago and Minneapolis.
Our culture is built on a deep and sincere commitment to helping people live healthier lives. To do this, we are committed to innovating at every level. As our president and COO David Ko says, "We are a company that continuously innovates. It cannot end. It has to be in everything we do, which means that some of the things we're going to do are not going to work - and that's okay. We're not trying to build something that is churn and burn. We're building something that follows consumers over their lifetime."
As the Solution Architect, you will bridge the gap between business problems and technology solutions, you will be a key contributor within Rally's Care Solutions organization, whose goal is to constantly test new ideas, implement experiences to drive the organization to the highest quality and provide precise business execution. Your technical leadership will be valued as the engine of the Care Solutions Team's anticipated growth and success within the Company.
What is Care Solutions?
Care Solutions lets people find, price, schedule, prepare, recover and pay for care, and rewards them for choosing the appropriate care (medical, medication, dental, vision, behavioral & DME). Our digital focus is fundamentally changing the way consumers interact with their healthcare. We're addressing five major areas:
* Find & Price Care (FPC) - enable users to find in-network providers and estimate out of pocket costs based on their plan design.
* Schedule & Get Care - enable users to schedule and receive care through a single platform
* Pay for Care - enable users to seamlessly pay their doctor bills.
* Rx - allow consumers to understand coverage for their prescriptions and find lower cost alternatives.
* Digital Health Portal (DHP) - the platform which allows access to care solutions from a single entry point. The glue that holds it all together.
Care solutions are available on web and mobile. Over 50 million consumers have access to our solutions. Our engineers are passionate about building an end-to-end experience that is seamless, performant, and scales to millions of users. If you share a similar passion for technology and are looking to solve hard practical problems, come join us!
What is Rally's Tech Stack?
At Rally Health we are viewed as an engineering driven company, where our technology is modern and agile. We host our microservices based distributed systems in the public cloud (AWS). Automated processes drive and maintain our quality at the highest level. Some key technologies used are: React, Scala, Play, Akka, Kafka, Spark, HDFS, MongoDB, PostgreSQL, Docker, Mesos, Marathon and Jenkins.
* Architect, build and ship highly scalable systems, libraries, and frameworks
* Drive overall technical vision and architecture
* Research areas of investment in strategic initiatives that maintain competitive advantage
* Lead evaluation of new technologies
* Mentor engineers and keep the engineering bar high
* 10+ years industry experience in building and running large scale systems in production
* Expert level domain knowledge
* Command of Scala or a JVM language with a strong interest in learning Scala
* Experience with modern JS libraries and frameworks like React and Angular
* Experience with distributed systems and application design in a SOA environment
* Knowledge of high-scale performance and optimization tools and techniques
* Knowledge of database concepts (both NoSQL and RDBMS)
* Strong knowledge of computing concepts including API design, crafting, fault tolerance, highly available and scalable distributed systems, multithreaded programming, performance tuning, and security
* Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
* BS, MS or PhD in Computer Science or related field
Rally Health is committed to ensuring that its workforce reflects America's diverse population. Rally Health knows that such diversity will enrich us with the talent, energy, perspective and inspiration it needs to achieve its mission. Rally Health believes in a policy of equal employment and opportunity for all people based on merit and commitment to the principles of diversity. It is our policy to recruit, hire, train, and promote individuals in all job titles, and administer all programs, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, sex, age, marital status, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, family responsibilities, genetic information, disability, matriculation, political affiliation, veteran status, union affiliation, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply. Applicants who require an accommodation related to the application and/or review process should notify Talent Acquisition (email@example.com).
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
About Rally Health
Rally Health is a consumer-centric digital health company that helps individuals to take care of their health and collaborates with health plans, care providers, and employers to engage consumers.