Rally Health is all about putting health in the hands of the individual. It's our mission, and it drives everything we do, which is to empower people with easy-to-use online and mobile tools that help them take charge of their health and health care, from improving their diet and fitness to selecting health benefits, and choosing the right doctor at the right price for their needs.
We are a startup organization that is agile, motivated and backed by UnitedHealth Group, a Fortune 10 company with 2018 annual revenue of more than $200 billion. We have engineering offices in San Francisco, Washington DC, Chicago and Minneapolis. We build products that provide end to end support for living healthy -- from proactive stay healthy solutions to get healthy again.
Our culture is built on a deep and sincere dedication to helping people live healthier lives. To do this, we are committed to innovating continuously at every level. We know that some of the things we do are not going to work, and that's okay. We're not trying to build something that is churn and burn. We're building something that supports people over their lifetime. As Rally Health founder and CEO Grant Verstandig says, "We get to do amazing work every day that directly impacts the lives of millions of people for the better."
Rally Engineering is modern, in public cloud (AWS), microservices based large distributed system and is quality driven. Our stack consists of React, Scala, Play, Akka, MongoDB, PostgreSQL, Docker, Mesos, Marathon, Jenkins, Kafka, Spark, HDFS, Avro, Airflow and Redshift to name a few. We believe in continuously evaluating our tech stack, have an easy process of suggesting and adopting new technologies. Our engineers enjoy being empowered and accountable.
Rally's Personalization organization is tasked with making a set of systems to personalize the experience of a user based on health, clinical, medication, condition and behavioral data. This includes building systems for profile based on facts and inferred information, user graph, relevance, recommendations, predictions and feedback loop. This requires collection of data, cleaning and categorizing the data, building insights with analytics, rules and making predictions with machine learning.
As an Engineering Manager in Personalization, you will own the Individual Health Record (IHR) implementation. IHR is a critical initiative at Rally and United Health that is expected to provide significant benefits to customers. This is a unique opportunity to make people's health data work for them in a meaningful way for them to live a healthier life and cost savings through prudent choices. The code we work on impacts the entire company and a large part of the entire health industry.
Engineering Manager responsibilities include:
* Provide "thought leadership" and "technical guidance" to take the existing systems and applications to the next level
* Comfortable in driving the execution in a distributed team setting to deliver features driven by the mission
* You will work closely with Product and Project Managers and external partners to understand the features, do technical assessment on design, cost, code, test and deliver
* You will be comfortable and ready to roll up your sleeves and code when needed
* Understand how to build and operate reliable and performant services handling large call and data volumes, with high availability
* Understand modern UI technologies and can steer design and implementation decisions
* Have a deep interest in software engineering and strong knowledge of computing concepts such as fault tolerance, self-healing, internet protocols, multithreaded programming, machine learning, performance, reliability, scalability, and security
* Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science or related fields
* 4+years working as an engineering manager
* 5+ years experience as a Senior Software Engineer OR 3+ years experience as a Principal Software Engineer
* Experience with distributed systems and application design in a SOA environment
* Familiarity with NoSQL and RDBMS
* Experience with AWS (configuring, deploying, managing, monitoring) services and distributed applications
* Proven track record of shipping complex projects using Agile methodologies
* Proven excellence in leadership, oral and written communication, interpersonal, negotiation; team building/coaching and people management skills
* Track record in partnering with recruiting on hiring to build incredible engineering teams
Why join Rally? On top of an innovative work atmosphere and a chance to help people change their lives, we offer competitive pay, daily catered lunches, and an extensive benefits package for all full-time employees (including medical, dental, vision and 401(k)). In addition, offer the ability to grow, while truly making an impact in the healthcare system.
Rally Health is committed to ensuring that its workforce reflects America's diverse population. Rally Health knows that such diversity will enrich us with the talent, energy, perspective and inspiration it needs to achieve its mission. Rally Health believes in a policy of equal employment and opportunity for all people based on merit and commitment to the principles of diversity. It is our policy to recruit, hire, train, and promote individuals in all job titles, and administer all programs, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, sex, age, marital status, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, family responsibilities, genetic information, disability, matriculation, political affiliation, veteran status, union affiliation, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply. Applicants who require an accommodation related to the application and/or review process should notify Talent Acquisition (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
About Rally Health
Rally Health is a consumer-centric digital health company that helps individuals to take care of their health and collaborates with health plans, care providers, and employers to engage consumers.