Partners Data Systems
Req ID: 30238
Experience Level: Manager
Other Location(s): N/A
Relocation offered: Yes
Travel required: a. Up to 25%
Come grow with us
At Capital Group, how we work is defined by shared values that include absolute integrity, respect and collaboration. But it's more than that. It's smart and highly driven people united in purpose to serve our investors and one another.
Bring your energy and unique perspective to Capital and you'll have the opportunity to grow with us professionally, personally, and financially. You'll be part of a team that genuinely cares about helping you succeed. You'll work alongside talented colleagues, many of whom build long careers while progressing through multiple roles, establishing lifelong friendships and making a difference in our communities. In return for your contributions, you'll receive premier compensation and benefits, and a company-funded retirement plan that ranks among the most generous.
Data is an enterprise asset and the lifeblood that drives business strategies and operations. The Application Services Manager based in Irvine, CA leads and develops high-performing teams responsible for the strategy, execution and support of end to end data solutions to enable Capital Group Companies' North American Distribution. This role works closely with senior business leaders in North American Distribution's Sales, Insights & Analytics and Operations, and cross-functional IT teams to identity strategic vision, develop, and execute on technology roadmaps to evolve the entire ecosystem. As an Application Services Manager, you will play a crucial leadership role in driving the evolution of the entire data ecosystem in this exciting business domain and developing people.
* Coach, mentor, motivate and lead technology team and organization
* Build and maintain world-class high-performance team(s) and cultivate technological excellence, innovation, and culture of end-to-end solution ownership.
* Lead by example and be hands-on.
* Own data and advance analytics solutions across multiple business capabilities and domains
* Work closely with senior business leaders to develop solutions to achieve strategic business outcomes
* Owns strategy and roadmaps for the end-to-end data products in Sales, Insights & Analytics, and Operations
* Lead the team to optimize Agile development process and product management proficiency
* Implement quality solutions, while proactively managing timeline, scope, cost and risks
* Monitor organizational and operational effectiveness and excellence through the use of data and metrics.
* Provide expert technical guidance to key Business and IT stakeholders
* Articulate solution options, trade-offs, risks, and alignment to business and technology/architecture strategy.
* Provide thought leadership and a subject matter expertise in current and emerging technology and business industry trends.
* Collaborate and Influence
* Partner with Business, their ITG teams and vendors to successfully deliver and run solutions.
* Partner with senior business leaders within entrusted domain(s).
* Ensure deep technology integration with Business.
* Bachelor's degree in engineering or related technical discipline
* Minimum 8 years of experience in delivering data solution and leading / managing software development teams
* Strong technical skills and experience in data engineering and management, strong data analysis, data modeling, ETL, SQL.
* Master Data Management experience a big plus
* Anaplan experience is a plus
* Cloud solutions management experience is a plus
* Strong project execution and product management skills and experience
* Strong planning and estimation skills, experience in Agile development and continuous improvement
* Proven people management experience including development through coaching, mentoring, and support
* Strong ability to learn business, connect dots and apply technologies to enable business
* Proven success building strong stakeholder relationships
* Expert communication skills, both verbal and written
Founded in 1931, Capital Group is one of the world's largest and most trusted investment management companies and home to the American Funds. We manage more than US$1.7 trillion in assets, and our 7,500 associates make our clients their first priority every day. When we do our job right, millions of investors around the world fulfill their dreams and financial goals, from home ownership and higher education, to a comfortable retirement. Our long-term investment results and outstanding service set us apart from our competitors, while our workplace sets us apart from other employers.
We are an equal opportunity employer, which means we comply with all federal, state and local laws that prohibit discrimination when making all decisions about employment. As equal opportunity employers, our policies prohibit unlawful discrimination on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including gender and gender identity), pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, AIDS/HIV status, political activities or affiliations, military or veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, assault or stalking or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
Nearest Major Market: Irvine California
Nearest Secondary Market: Los Angeles
Job Segment: Developer, Data Management, Cloud, Database, SQL, Technology, Data
About Partners Data Systems
Partners Data Systems is a company that provides storage and backup automation solutions.