JP Morgan Chase
Software Engineering - UI Development
Req #: 190038645
Location: Lewisville, TX, US
Job Category: Technology
As a Software Engineer, you will design, analyze, develop, code, debug, and document applications to satisfy business requirements for large, complex projects. You must be comfortable communicating with both business and technologists of varying levels in different locations and time zones. You must be able to work independently and enjoy a fast-paced environment. You are a motivated and eager-to-learn technologist, who will not only deliver on your tasks, but will also strive to understand and move forward the overall Global Real State (GRE) technology agenda.
You will be part of the Global Real Estate (GRE) team to enhance, deploy, maintain, and support an application portfolio consisting of a combination of in-house developed apps and vendor hosted solutions. Our application development work is primarily in Java, so familiarity with the Java ecosystem (Maven, Jenkins, Groovy, log4j/slf4j/logback, etc) is ideal.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
* 5+ years demonstrated experience with a high level programming language such as Java, Python, C#, etc.
* Experience in various transfer protocols - (SFTP, HTML, XML) and Web Services / APIs (REST and SOAP)
* Desire to learn and try new technologies, to constantly push yourself to improve
* Experience with automated testing in various forms
* Proficient oral and written communication skills
* Experience in a tech lead role or SCRUM Master a plus
Additional experience in the following areas are a plus:
* Experience with Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery / Continuous Deployment
* Experience with both relational databases and NoSQL technologies, and an understanding of the differences and advantages of each approach
* Experience with npm/yarn-based UI development frameworks such as React, Angular, or Vue.js
* Recent experience with Java 8 and Spring
* Experience with Spring Boot / Spring MVC
* Practical knowledge of User Experience (UX) or Design Thinking
* Experience in a product- or service-based organization
* Mobile application development or integration experience is a plus.
* Hands-on experience with Python or Groovy is a plus
* Experience with Business Intelligence Platforms is a plus
Our Corporate Technology team relies on smart, driven people like you to develop applications and provide tech support for all our corporate functions across our network. Your efforts will touch lives all over the financial spectrum and across all our divisions: Global Finance, Corporate Treasury, Risk Management, Human Resources, Compliance, Legal, and within the Corporate Administrative Office. You'll be part of a team specifically built to meet and exceed our evolving technology needs, as well as our technology controls agenda.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you're not just working at a global financial institution. You're an integral part of one of the world's biggest tech companies. In 20 technology centers worldwide, our team of 50,000 technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $10B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will are transforming the financial services industry.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we're building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you're looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.
About JP Morgan Chase
JP Morgan Chase & Co. is a global financial services provider that offers investment banking, asset management, treasury and other services.