JP Morgan Chase
Mainframe Z O.S. Engineer
Req #: 190042351
Location: Lewisville, TX, US
Job Category: Technology
As an experienced Infrastructure Development professional, your mission is to help lead our team of innovators and technologists toward creating next-level solutions that improve the way our business is run. Your hands-on knowledge in system design, application development, testing and operational stability will help your team deliver high quality products. You'll be instrumental in solving more difficult technical issues, developing integration elements, building data models, APIs, and open 3rd-party SDKs. You'll see your ideas come to life as part of a small, success-driven team. Your quest to embracing leading-edge technologies and methodologies inspires your team to follow suit. And best of all, you'll be able to harness massive amounts of brainpower through our global network of technologists from around the world to tackle big challenges.
As a Mainframe DB2 Infrastructure Developer, you'll play a big part in designing the platforms, servers, and networks that make it possible for us to provide service to our customers, clients, and businesses around the globe each and every day. You'll be responsible for the installation, configuration, and support of highly resilient and stable Mainframe infrastructure through automated scripting rather than manual processes. You'll call on your experience designing tailored solutions to understand the requirements of a project, test the performance of the infrastructure, and verify that the requirements have been successfully met.
In addition to traditional Mainframe Systems Programming skills, the ideal candidate will have experience with software-driven systems management using various scripting languages and will be open to new ideas and ways to manage Mainframe infrastructure software.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
* BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
* Provide technical expertise throughout the software lifecycle including design, implementation and delivery.
* Understanding cloud , virtualization, APIs, and modern software languages
* Software development experience in one or more general purpose programming languages: Python, Java, C, C++, Go, JCL, REXX, PERL, PHP, JYTHON, zOSMF Workflows, J2EE, MVC, JDBC, Servlets, JSP, HTML, JQuery, AngularJS, JSON and XML
* Experience with developing frameworks that helps increasing developer and release velocity, improving code health and technical standards
* Advanced experience working with two or more from the following: web application development, database, unix/linux environments, distributed and parallel systems, information retrieval, networking, large scale software development, security software development
* Understanding or have experience with agile and lean philosophies
* Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills with clear communication
* Familiarity with RESTful APIs using Swagger (or similar framework)
* 5+ years of DB2 systems programming experience in a mainframe z/OS operating system supporting DB2 subsystems in USS (Unix System Services), DB2 z/OS V11 - Installation and Migration to CM and NFM, DB2 z/OS V12 - Continuous Delivery Installation and Migration, DB2 Buffer Pool Tuning, DB2 Dump Analysis, DB2-related ISV tools - CA Platinum Utilities, CA Detector and Compuware, IBM DB2 Analytics Accelerator and Analytics Loader, IBM Data Studio and Data Server Manager
* Experience on IBM Replication tools : QREP /CDC, IBM Program Product installation experience - SMP/e (Software Management Program/ extended)
* Ability to work in Agile Feature Teams with detailed knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) desirable.
Our Global Technology Infrastructure group is a team of innovators who love technology as much as you do. Together, you'll use a disciplined, innovative and a business focused approach to develop a wide variety of high-quality products and solutions. You'll work in a stable, resilient and secure operating environment where you-and the products you deliver-will thrive.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you're not just working at a global financial institution. You're an integral part of one of the world's biggest tech companies. In 20 technology centers worldwide, our team of 50,000 technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $10B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will are transforming the financial services industry.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we're building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you're looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.
About JP Morgan Chase
JP Morgan Chase & Co. is a global financial services provider that offers investment banking, asset management, treasury and other services.