AppDynamics is the Application Intelligence company. With AppDynamics, enterprises have real-time insights into application performance, user performance and business performance so they can move faster in an increasingly sophisticated, software-driven world. Our integrated suite of products is built on our innovative, enterprise-grade App iQ Platform that enables our customers to make faster decisions that enhance customer engagement and improve operational and business performance. AppDynamics is uniquely positioned to enable enterprises to accelerate their digital transformations by actively monitoring, analyzing, and optimizing complex application environments at scale which has led to proven success and trust with the Global 2000.
About the Team
End User Monitoring (EUM) product measures user experience from real users by capturing performance data on end user devices like Browsers, Mobile Devices, IoT Devices et al. Another aspect of EUM is Synthetic User Monitoring (SUM) where we allow customers to test scripted flows against their websites from browsers deployed around the world.
The team manages below EUM agents used by customers to instrument their end user applications.
* Synthetic User Agents
* Mobile Agents (iOS, Android, Xamarin, Cordova, React Native)
* IoT SDK (C/C++, Java) and public REST API
The Browser, Mobile and IoT agents capture network calls, end user experience metrics, errors and key stats like device info, geo, OS etc. The synthetic agents include a mechanism to pull synthetic session requests, drive Selenium scripts run against browsers instrumented to capture metrics as well as screenshots.
The team also manages the multi-tenant EUM Services (scalable data processor-think stream processing -and data analytics), built on Amazon Web Services components to process all the data captured by agents at huge scale and provide real time insights into customer applications.
Some of your primary responsibilities include:
* Work on Mobile and IoT Agents to be able to capture advanced performance metrics and application insights across a wide variety of customer applications in industry verticals such as retail, transport, financial, media etc.
* Build core EUM services on AWS infrastructure that can process billions of end user performance metrics such as network requests, errors and custom data.
* Drive innovative end-to-end features (agent, cloud, ui/ux) to provide real time visibility and root cause analysis into end user applications
* Scale products with AWS infrastructure components such as S3, DynamoDB, SQS, ALB etc.
* Work towards zero downtime, zero data drop, continuous deployment, of our solutions on multi-tenant environments
First and foremost, you have a CS / EE degree or relevant industry experience with a passion to solve customer problems by building better products and services.
* 6+ years of product development experience with significant ownership on products/services you built and demonstrated innovation.
* Strong foundation in data structures, algorithms, and operating systems
* Professional proficiency in either Java or C/C++
* Experience in building scalable distributed systems with low operational overhead.
* Experience in multi-threading and concurrent programming
What you can learn:
* Mobile Technologies such as Android, iOS, Xamarin, Cordova, and React Native
* Big Data technologies such as Kinesis, and Elasticsearch
* Containers such as Docker and Kubernetes
* Machine learning and data analytics
It is a huge plus if you have,
* Experience shipping mobile or iot applications that serve very large numbers of users.
* Experience with infrastructure and systems engineering, and scaling services on cloud computing platforms like AWS
* Experience shipping multi-tenant platforms for both SaaS and on-premise deployments
Attitude and Work Style:
* You enjoy the challenge of difficult, broad, and technically deep tasks in distributed computing.
* You love working collaboratively with your team, and equally love owning and driving your own tasks and projects.
* Passionate about producing the best quality software and sharing your enthusiasm.
We know that the award-winning culture at AppDynamics is something to brag about, but here are more reasons that make you excited to get out of bed to come in the morning, like:
* Medical, dental, vision coverage
* 401k match (4.5%)
* Wellness perks (gym, hobbies, education, store discounts, personal finance)
* 4 weeks PTO, 5 days VTO, 14 holidays (including 1 birthday PTO and 1 floating holiday)
* Mandatory company shut down between Christmas and New Years
* Weekly catered breakfast and lunch, and all the snacks, fruits and drinks your heart desires, monthly happy hour events, and weekly massages
* Brand new state of the art office in downtown San Francisco, centrally located near BART, Caltrain, Muni, the ferry, and a bike share station
* Free shuttle service and pre-tax commuter benefits
Just a note
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: AppDynamics does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any AppDynamics employee. AppDynamics will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered property of AppDynamics.
AppDynamics is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or any other unlawful factor. AppDynamics complies with all applicable laws, including those regarding consideration of qualified applicants with criminal histories (such as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance). If your disability makes it difficult for you to use this site, please contact email@example.com. AppDynamics participates in E-Verify.
AppDynamics is a company that develops application performance management solutions.