At Plaid, we believe that the way consumers and businesses interact with their finances will drastically improve in the next few years. Our goal is to build the tools and infrastructure for developers to create this next generation of financial services applications. Today, hundreds of companies such as Robinhood, Stripe, and Venmo rely on Plaid to integrate with banks and the financial system.
Plaid's infrastructure handles millions of requests per day and thousands of bank integrations, and we pride ourselves on maintaining a robust API to support the developers who depend on us -- and the millions of consumers who use their apps. We're architected around decoupled services, and our backend teams maintain and build the foundations of our stack and data pipeline.
As an Engineering Manager, you'll help build and scale these foundations, ensuring that our systems continue to be highly performant and available. Our API and most of our backend services are written in Go and Typescript. Our infrastructure is built on top of AWS, Elasticsearch, MongoDB, Redshift, S3, Spark -- and although we love trying new technology as individuals, as a team we're pragmatic in our choices, favoring the right tool over the flavor of the month.
As an Engineering Manager, you'll lead a team of 5-10 engineers. You'll work closely with product managers, designers, and other engineering teams to bring our product and infrastructure services to life. Moreover, you'll be collaborating closely with other functions on product and technical strategy.
Our engineering culture is IC-driven -- we favor bottom-up ideation and empowerment of our incredibly talented team. We're looking for managers who will enable our engineers to find innovative solutions to challenges. Finally, you'll work closely with our Head of Engineering and other engineering managers to build an organizational structure and processes that scale as we continue to grow.
We're guided by our values-transparency, intellectual honesty, courage to be bold, pragmatism, and humility-and are looking for team members who are motivated by those same principles.
What excites you
* Recruiting, growing, and enabling an incredible team of driven engineers who have high expectations around craft, ownership and impact
* Fostering a collaborative culture that embodies our values and empowers users
* Delivering world-class results, while continuously challenging yourself and your team to be more ambitious
* Working with other engineer managers and functional leads to set direction for your team, engineering, and Plaid as a whole
* Crafting a thoughtful, long-term technical strategy that anticipates future needs
What excites us
* 2+ years of engineering management experience
* Significant experience as a software engineer
* Deep understanding of how to build scalable distributed systems
* Passion for cultivating highly functioning teams and organizations
* A record of leveling up your reports and providing individuals with meaningful opportunities for growth
* Willingness to roll your sleeves up when needed
* Excitement for recruiting and a thoughtful approach to headcount planning
* Experience growing startups during a hyper-growth phase a huge plus
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Plaid is a financial technology company.