Plaid's products are being used to enable thousands of developers to build the next generation of financial services applications. When those developers have problems, they turn to the Plaid Support team. Our goal is to help our developers, as quickly and compassionately as possible, keep their applications running and their end-users happy. We quantify the scope and impact of these problems, we identify their causes, and when we can't fix them ourselves, we work with our Growth and Engineering teams to reach a solution.
Technical Support Engineers (TSEs) manage issues from their first symptom to their eventual resolution, communicating with our customers and internal stakeholders throughout the process. People who succeed in this role tend to be empathetic, collaborative, and technically minded. TSEs are embedded within engineering teams at Plaid, and we have a high technical bar to ensure that we all speak the same language. We have aggressive goals, and we work on interesting, cross-functional projects in order to achieve them.
What you'll do...
* Identify an issue's root cause
* Describe an issue's symptoms
* Quantify an issue's scope and severity
Help developers use our products
* Answer questions about Plaid best-practices, including how to handle error codes and webhooks
* Fix issues with Plaid resources, such as trouble with an SDK or with the Plaid Dashboard
* Act as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) for Support by being embedded within engineering teams.
* Work with other TSEs and colleagues from other functions to help Support reach its goals
* Improve Support's tools and public-facing resources to keep us a nimble, scalable team
What excites us...
* Experience reading or writing code in a few different languages, or deep familiarity with one
* Familiarity with modern web services and APIs
* An affinity for learning new languages and technologies
* A thoughtful and friendly communication style
* The ability to work with a high degree of autonomy
Please note: reference checks will be carried out.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We encourage all applicants, regardless of race, religion or belief (if any), colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, gender, gender identity, pregnancy and maternity, sexual orientation, age, marital and civil partnership status, or disability status.
Plaid is a financial technology company.