At Plaid, we believe that the way consumers and businesses interact with their finances will drastically improve in the next few years. Our goal is to build the tools and infrastructure for developers to create this next generation of financial services applications. Today, hundreds of companies such as Robinhood, Stripe, and Venmo rely on Plaid to integrate with banks and the financial system.
With this work comes the crucial responsibility of protecting our developers and their end-users from malicious actors. We were the first to release account number tokenization through our partnership with Stripe, first to create end-to-end tokenization of consumer financial data, and first to write the spec that several Fortune 50 banks are now implementing to permission consumer and business financial data. At Plaid, security is a critical part of everything that we do, not just something to be scared of.
What excites you
* Assessing the threat model for both our production applications and code under development
* Architecting, designing and implementing new services and changes to existing to more closely follow security best practices and reduce risk
* Leading security initiatives across various facets of security at Plaid, including application security, and technical security aspects of compliance
* Being an integral part of the Engineering team by shipping production-level code while also serving as a security resource to the rest of the team
* Providing education, guidance and leadership on security topics across the Plaid team
* Identifying gaps or enhancements in existing Plaid application security practices, and leading initiatives to address them
What excites us
* Production experience in software engineering, including core fundamentals and a strong command of at least one language
* Experience architecting and implementing security infrastructure
* Experience leading security projects, in all aspects, to completion
* Experience doing code review, risk assessment and security triage
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience in Computer Science, Engineering, or a closely related field
* Experience evaluating and/or implementing security controls in a cloud environment, particularly AWS
* Experience communicating security policies to 3rd parties in compliance and security review settings
* Incident Response experience
* Product mindset. You understand that building the right tools and systems can impact millions of users
* Pragmatism. You consider the fine balance between shipping speed and perfection
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Plaid is a financial technology company developing a digital platform that enables applications to connect with users’ bank accounts.