HotelTonight makes it remarkably easy to book great hotels at amazing rates, for tonight, tomorrow and beyond. Our goal is to be the premier and most loved way to book a place to stay and we're looking for a Security Engineer to help do just that.
We are looking for people who want to make the Hoteltonight and Airbnb platforms safer for millions of users around the world. We'd love to talk to you if you're a talented individual who is passionate about finding security weaknesses and crafting scalable and usable solutions. We are enablers who make it easier for engineers to create secure features, not blockers. If that mission sounds exciting to you, we have a few different flavors of projects/skillsets we are looking for.
What are examples of work that Security Engineers have done at Airbnb?
* Author & maintain core encryption/authentication/authorization services, libraries, and frameworks.
* Building new tools to detect vulnerabilities via static analysis, automated scanning, etc.
* Implementation of two-factor authentication for internal systems; standardized identity and access management
* Work across functions to ensure the security of the entire production ecosystem.
* Help design and review security-sensitive aspects of the system.
* Train new engineers and evangelize good security habits; ensure best practices (in technology or education/outreach).
* Regular collaboration with third-party penetration-testing firms
* Attend security conferences
* Contribute to open source
* Publish security research
The following are some examples of profiles that are relevant to us:
* Solid defensive security experience shipping projects that mitigate application or infrastructure risks at scale
* Experience finding ways to enable other engineers to create more secure products by default without requiring security expertise
* Significant experience performing security design review of distributed systems and APIs
* Some hands-on programming role with either Ruby or Java
* Working knowledge of cloud computing (AWS) operations
* Interest in both breaking and building
* Bonus Points: Ruby on Rails, Node, Docker, Packer, Terraform, Kubernetes, Ansible, Fastly (VCL), StreamAlert, Crowdstrike, Burp Suite, Metasploit
* 5+ years of experience (not including internships)
* Competitive salaries
* Quarterly employee travel coupon
* Paid time off
* Medical, dental, & vision insurance
* Life insurance and disability benefits
* Flexible Spending Accounts
* Apple equipment
* Company sponsored tech talks and happy hours
* Breakfast, lunch, and dinner
* Much more...
Airbnb is a company which provides an online marketplace and hospitality services.