Are you a developer with a passion for user experience? Do you want to help hundreds of millions of customers make their devices more secure?
If you are a software engineer who wants to impact the security experience on every Windows device, this could be the role for you. Security on Windows is not only technology, though our team helps to deliver an endpoint protection platform which includes an industry-leading antimalware engine, browser protection, and cloud services running at global scale. Security also an user experience that, in a world where security threats evolve in real time, helps consumers and corporate customers understand those threats and protect their devices. The mission of the Windows Defender Advanced Threat Protection team is to innovate on that stack to meet the challenge of keeping Windows secure, and we are looking for talented and motivated developers who can help us do it.
This role could be a great fit for you if:
* you have 1+ years of professional software development in C/C++/C#/Java
* You have excellent communication and collaboration skills
* You love working within a team of talented engineers
* You are agile and versatile, open to change and love fast pace
* Prior experience in in security or antimalware are not required, but are a big plus.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
* You will work with a team to develop high-quality features, ship to customers, and iterate on feedback.
* You will collaborate with program management, UX design, antimalware researchers, and other security engineering disciplines.
* You will learn continuously to stay current in the rapidly-changing world of computer security.
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.