Would you like to work on the bleeding edge of technology? Does helping to drive the future of the Window platforms excite you? Are you intrigued by managing high risk and reward opportunities in an Engineering Services organization? Then the Cosine Engineering Systems Build team is looking for you!
The Cosine Group is developing the latest technologies, as well as provides Services for many groups throughout the company. The Build Engineering Services Team supports and maintains critical parts of the Engineering System. We're looking for someone who can manage and drive improvement to services using data and telemetry; someone with a passion for Windows to help us build the next generation operating systems.
* BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
* 1+ years software development experience (distributed services and micro services preferred) and experience in testing, deploying, operating, and supporting medium to large scale services on Azure, AWS or similar cloud environments
* Excellent C#, C++\C, Python or Java coding skills
* Familiarity developing and operating ETL data pipelines
* Familiarity with SQL and Data Analysis. Knowledge of Big Data technologies including Azure based offerings preferred. Familiarity with Hadoop and Hive a plus
* Familiarity with software instrumentation and telemetry techniques for distributed services
* Capable of technical deep-dives into service and systems design, data processing and data movement pipelines, networking, storage, monitoring, security, and capacity planning
* Great design and problem-solving skills, with a strong emphasis on quality and engineering excellence.
* Strong sense of ownership and accountability to deliver projects and results of increasing technical complexity, and ability to handle ambiguity
* Excellent communications skills, both verbal and written and ability to work well in a diverse, team-focused environment. A true believer in team work
* Passionate about sharing your experiences and knowledge, growing and mentoring your peers
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to, the following specialized security screenings:
Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
* Design, write and deliver software to improve the availability, reliability, scalability, latency, security, resiliency, and efficiency of our services
* Contribute in debugging and troubleshooting complete stack of services and drive analysis of outages; write software and build automation to resolve problems permanently
* Engage in service capacity planning and demand forecasting; software performance analysis and system tuning
* Participate actively in code reviews, bug/issue triage with varying feature teams, and support well informed decisions towards business and engineering goals
* Review and influence ongoing design, architecture, standards and methods for operating services and systems; assess design and code changes to drive improvements
* Conduct periodic on-call duties and live site support
* Define, develop, and monitor SLO(s)\SLA(s)\Metrics\Measures that capture service level operation and customer quality
* Contribute to telemetry and instrumentation of products and services to light up Live Site monitors & alerts, and business Measures and Metrics
Microsoft develops, licenses, and supports software, services, devices, and solutions.