Microsoft is looking for a strong software developer/data engineer who will participate as a key member on an Office365 team focused on service capacity. The software developer/data engineer, in collaboration with data scientists and subject matter experts, analyzes and builds on massive data to improve scaling agility and service reliability. In this role, you will get exposure and responsibilities in many of the largest web traffic platforms in the world.
* Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Physics, Statistics or related discipline
* Graduate coursework in database, software engineering or machine learning a plus
* Proficiency in a major programming/scripting language (e.g. C#, Python, Powershell)
* Proficiency in a query language, e.g. SQL/HiveQL/DAX/MDX familiarity with big data platforms, e.g.
* Azure/AWS Data Lake/Hive
* Familiarity with data cubes and analysis services, e.g. SSAS
* Familiarity with data warehousing technology and best practices
* Technical data experience using BI tools, e.g. Power BI
* Familiarity with Azure HDInsight, Apache Hadoop a plus
* Familiarity with machine learning platforms (e.g. Tensorflow, Keras, CNTK, AML) a plus
* Strong interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to influence outcomes and communicate technical content to general audiences
* Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form:
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
* Design infrastructure and implement data pipelines for big data analysis
* Implement and automate analytic models for critical service management systems
* Design and implement data visualization using BI tools
* Design and manage data warehousing solutions for extracted/transformed data
* Design, implement and maintain critical analysis services on SSAS
* Improvements to infrastructure robustness with creative monitoring
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.