Microsoft Enterprise Services, with over 21,500 employees worldwide, is dedicated to delivering on Microsoft's mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Simply put, Services helps customers and partners get the most out of their technology investments. For more information, visit www.microsoft.com/EnterpriseServices.
Our mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. This mission is ambitious and at the core of what our customers and employees care deeply about. To learn more about Microsoft's mission, please visit: https://careers.microsoft.com/mission-culture. Check out all of our products at: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us.
Job Location: Washington DC area / vicinity
Travel: Some travel may be required outside the DC area, approximately 25%-40%
Key Experience, Qualifications, Knowledge, and Education:
* 10+ years of proven sales success and expertise; along with selling Azure infrastructure and cybersecurity solutions within US Federal Government agencies is required.
* Cloud infrastructure and cybersecurity subject matter expertise
* Track record of consistently meeting or exceeding sales targets in the millions.
* Experience using recognized sales methods, processes and tools
* Bachelor's degree with exposure to Information Technology (or equivalent) preferred.
The successful candidate must have an active U.S. Government Top Secret Clearance with access to Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) based on a Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) with Polygraph. Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. Failure to maintain or obtain the appropriate U.S. Government clearance and/or customer screening requirements may result in employment action up to and including termination.
Clearance Verification: This position requires successful verification of the stated security clearance to meet federal government customer requirements. You will be asked to provide clearance verification information prior to an offer of employment.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Microsoft Enterprise Services, National Security Group (NSG) is searching for a services sales professional who has direct experience in selling & managing complex services engagements. The role requires a solid understanding of Microsoft's technology, competitive positioning, and experience in the selling of large, complex and strategic information technology projects for large government customers. The candidate must possess a demonstrated fluency calling on high-level business decision makers (CIO, COO) with IT project-specific outcomes.The Services Solution Specialist (SSSP) is a key advisor to Microsoft's Strategic, Enterprise & Global customers. Possessing comprehensive understanding and experience of Cloud Infrastructure and Cyber Security solutions and the challenges customers face as cloud and emerging technologies enable digital transformation of their organization, the SSSP is responsible for developing and closing opportunities that deliver Azure Infrastructure and Security Solutions and generate mission impact. This role offers an incredible opportunity to accelerate your career by driving business impact across the national security community.
In addition to understanding our Azure Infrastructure and Security Solutions, we are interested in someone who has specific skills in cyber security technologies and Blockchain. This role will look to apply our Azure solutions to enable digital transformation for our customers and drive net new services revenue for our NSG practice.
* Cloud Infrastructure & Cybersecurity Leadership
o Develop strategy for identifying, driving & closing solution sales with a focus on Infrastructure and Security technologies for your assigned territory, working with the Services Account Executive and the Enterprise Operating Unit Account Manager to ensure alignment & input to the overall account plan.
o Hunt for new solutions opportunities, leveraging the Services account-aligned team, the Specialist Team Unit (STU), and partners to help build pipeline.
o Be a student of cloud infrastructure and cybersecurity technology, manage thought leadership / influence within our services practice and act as an advocate for our NSG customers and their unique needs.
o Qualify, drive & close solutions opportunities that will accelerate the customer's digital transformation, intentionally driving the sales plays prioritized for your area
o Ensure customer satisfaction, managing, escalating, and orchestrating sales success as needed
o Meet or exceed revenue & core priority targets, executing in accordance with prescribed Microsoft methods, processes and tools
* Digital Transformation Driver - Ability to: Break out of IT to Engage Business Decision Makers (BDMs) as well as Technical Decision Makers; Influence stakeholders across the organization; & ability to Inspire BDMs to Pursue Transformational solutions, making new connections & influencing through Social Selling
* Solution Area Expert - Ability to: Create case for Customer Change; Translate Enterprise Services Go-To- Market approach & solutions into Customer Business Impact; & ability to Articulate Infrastructure and Security Subject Matter Expertise & Differentiate competitor solutions
* Deal Orchestrator - Ability to: Orchestrate deal team to ensure success through effective collaboration & communication with the virtual team & leveraging people, processes & tools effectively to accelerate deal velocity
* Solution Area Hunter - Ability to: Hunt for new opportunities; Work in partnership across multiple solution area v-teams; & Reliably meet or exceed revenue & deal accountabilities
Microsoft develops, licenses, and supports software, services, devices, and solutions.