* Role is 3 days in the office and 2 days remote/work from home
Natera is looking for an experienced 'full-stack' software engineer. This individual will help improve our core applications such as LIMS, Data Analysis pipelines, Constellation platform and build out exciting new products. We are experiencing fast growth and we need a confident developer who can ramp up quickly and help improve our systems.
* Work remotely with a team of developers, Software QAs and a Technical Product Manager to build well-architected, testable, scalable and reliable software products
* Design, build and maintain highly sustainable systems to support our business needs.
* Create automated tests and take ownership of the quality of your code.
* Participate in team collaborations and code reviews and operate as a great team player.
* Help to improve software engineering process and procedures and evangelize best practices
* Expected to travel to San Carlos headquarters at least 1-2 times a year
* This role works with PHI on a regular basis both in paper and electronic form and has access to various technologies to access PHI (paper and electronic) in order to perform the job
* Must maintain a current status on Natera training requirements.
* The employee must pass a post-offer criminal background check.
* BS in Computer Science or related experience in software development.
* 5+ years of relevant experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
* Strong Knowledge of Java, especially standard Java frameworks such as Spring, Hibernate and JUnit.
* Experience with relational databases such as MySQL.
* Comfortable with Agile development and a Continuous Integration environment.
* Strong Knowledge of web-based technologies.
* Extensive experience with Linux command line.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Ability and motivation to work independently as a remote team member
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENT:
Duties are typically performed in an office setting.
This position requires the ability to use a computer keyboard, communicate over the telephone and read printed material.
Duties may require working outside normal working hours (evenings and weekends) at times.
Travel required for this position:
No ___or Yes X: If yes state anticipated percent for travel: 15%
Driven by the passion for elevating the science and utility of genetic testing, Natera is committed to helping families identify and manage genetic diseases. Natera is a rapidly-growing diagnostics company with proprietary bioinformatics and molecular technology for analyzing DNA. Our complex technology has been proven clinically and commercially in the prenatal testing space and we are actively researching its applications in the liquid biopsy space for developing products with oncology applications.
The Natera team consists of highly dedicated statisticians, geneticists, doctors, laboratory scientists, business professionals, software engineers and many other professionals from world-class institutions, who care deeply for our work and each other. When you join Natera, you'll work hard and grow quickly. Working alongside the elite of the industry, you'll be stretched and challenged, and take pride in being part of a company that is changing the landscape of genetic disease management.
WHAT WE OFFER
Competitive Benefits. Healthy catered lunches, Premium snacks and beverages, Onsite gym with cardio and weight-training equipment, Game room with satellite TV, Onsite dry cleaning and alteration service with pick-up and delivery, Employee-organized sport leagues, Happy hours and BBQs, Generous Employee Referral program.
For more information, visit www.natera.com.
Natera is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Natera (formerly known as Gene Security Network) is a genetic testing company that operates a CLIA-certified laboratory.