The IT Intern position is primarily responsible for providing support to IT team on device deployment, updating process flow diagrams, performing data analysis, etc. This internship position might also offer rotational tasks with other functional teams at Natera. The intern must be available for 2-4 days per week and 15-20 hours per week.
* Inventory management, device imaging and deployment of PCs/Macs/Fire Tablets.
* Under guidance, perform IT equipment maintenance tasks.
* Create and deliver employee badges.
* Update process flow diagrams with Visio and/or Gliffy.
* May work with databases and spreadsheet to perform specific maintenance/support and InfoSec audits.
* May perform process and technology research and presentations.
* Create a climate and culture of continuous improvement and elegant simple solutions.
* This role may be exposed to PHI both in paper and electronic form at the working environment.
* Employee must complete training relating to HIPAA/PHI privacy, General Policies and Procedure Compliance training and security training as soon as possible but not later than the first 30 days of hire.
* Must maintain a current status on Natera training requirements
* They might also be asked to complete tasks for other functional team within the organization. Performs other duties as assigned
* The intern will be enrolled in high school or in a bachelor's degree program with a GPA of 3.4 or higher.
* Interested in supporting IT team and willing to learn new technologies.
* Strong attention to detail; detail oriented.
* Excellent critical thinking/problem solving skills
* Reliable and able to maintain a consistent schedule Proficiency in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint Good interpersonal, communication, computer, and technical skills
* Self-motivated, Flexible and very adaptable to change
* Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks and projects in a fast-paced environment
* Good written and verbal communications skills Strong troubleshooting experience and tendency.
* Good teamwork and problem-solving skills and behaviors.
* Work in an office setting and is required to sit or stand for long periods of time, as well as hear, see, speak, and listen to individuals in a respectful and professional manner to successfully communicate with staff and the public.
* Must be able to use hands and fingers to handle, feel, or operate objects, tools, or controls such as a computer keyboard, mouse, or other device; perform repetitive motion using hands, wrists and arms.
Driven by the passion for elevating the science and utility of genetic testing, Natera is committed to helping families identify and manage genetic diseases. Natera is a rapidly-growing diagnostics company with proprietary bioinformatics and molecular technology for analyzing DNA. Our complex technology has been proven clinically and commercially in the prenatal testing space and we are actively researching its applications in the liquid biopsy space for developing products with oncology applications.
The Natera team consists of highly dedicated statisticians, geneticists, doctors, laboratory scientists, business professionals, software engineers and many other professionals from world-class institutions, who care deeply for our work and each other. When you join Natera, you'll work hard and grow quickly. Working alongside the elite of the industry, you'll be stretched and challenged, and take pride in being part of a company that is changing the landscape of genetic disease management.
WHAT WE OFFER
Competitive Benefits. Healthy catered lunches, Premium snacks and beverages, Onsite gym with cardio and weight-training equipment, Game room with satellite TV, Onsite dry cleaning and alteration service with pick-up and delivery, Employee-organized sport leagues, Happy hours and BBQs, Generous Employee Referral program.
For more information, visit www.natera.com.
Natera is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace environment, and welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. Inclusive collaboration benefits our employees, our community and our patients, and is critical to our mission of changing the management of disease worldwide.
All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply, and will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable laws.
Natera is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Natera (formerly known as Gene Security Network) is a genetic testing company that operates a CLIA-certified laboratory.