Are you passionate about cloud computing? Are you excited about driving the fourth industrial revolution in Microsoft's most critical business? If so, come help us build the most reliable, efficient, and futuristic datacenter infrastructure on the planet.
Microsoft is experiencing tremendous growth in Clouding Computing, driven by Azure. Cloud Operations & Innovation (CO+I) organization is the backbone of the cloud business, responsible for designing, building, and operating Microsoft datacenters across the globe with servers, critical infrastructure, safety and compliance.
We're looking for strong, passionate and innovative Software Engineers of various levels to join the Cloud Infrastructure Health (CIH) team. Focusing on Microsoft datacenters' power and cooling infrastructure, we are working on a number of cloud infrastructure availability projects including real-time telemetry processing and monitoring, controls and optimization, predictive maintenance and security enforcement. Our mission is to transform datacenter operations for highest availability and optimum efficiency through cutting edge technologies including big data, IoT and AI. As a software engineer, you will have opportunities to work with a world class team of engineers and explore Datacenter on IoT, deep analytics, DC optimization with AI.
This is a unique, high impact opportunity to work at the center of industrial transformation, with direct influence into the Microsoft's cloud foundation. Come join us.
Knowledge, experience and skills:
* 6+ years of industrial experience in shipping product
* Proven experience in building cloud service
* Expert in C# or C/C++ or equivalent
* Self-direct individual with relentless drive to deliver best in class products
* Ability to influence peers and leaders across organizations
Preferred, not required:
* Experience with NoSQL data stores
* Experience with a mocking framework
* Experience/knowledge with datacenter is a plus
* Experience/knowledge with machine learning is a plus
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
* Understand the Critical Environment and how datacenters are operated, monitored and controlled.
* Design and build large scale cloud services, working with big data and IoT.
* Work with DC electrical and mechanical engineers to deeply understand the CE domain.
* Work independently and interact closely with customers to drive clarity in business scenario and specification.
* Work independently and collaborate with partners to drive dependencies and clear road blockers.
* Devops activities
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.