Are you passionate about transforming business process using artificial intelligence technologies? Are you excited about working on challenging problems and can empower people from various business domains like sales, marketing, talent, finance, operations, etc.? Are you excited to gain valuable experience in a hot AI area?
Microsoft business question and answering (Q&A) team, under Microsoft Cloud & AI Division, targets to deliver great natural language experiences for business users. We partner with multiple business application groups to build an AI-first product, which allow users to interact with data using natural language and get business insights in their day to day work. We build and deploy the business Q&A service in Microsoft cloud and keep making improvements every day through collecting feedback and usage data of many enterprise customers. We are a team doing work of wide spectrum: machine learning modeling, online service implementation/hosting, infrastructure, data analytics, compliance, business intelligence, etc.
We are seeking an experienced applied scientist to design and develop advanced enterprise Q&A experience to improve the customer's engagement and satisfaction. We are looking for a passionate, creative, analytical and experienced individual who loves machine learning, NLP, knowledge extraction, information retrieval, and shipping fast at massive scale.
* Minimum of 3 years of product development experience working on shipping software/services, or minimum of 3 years of research experience in NLP, ML, or deep learning.
* Demonstrated experience developing products, or researching prototype systems, that require machine learning, natural language processing, deep learning, knowledge extraction or other related skills.
* Experience with cloud computing is preferred.
* BS degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics or other relevant fields. Master or PhD is preferred.
* Experience with a variety of Microsoft architectures, technology transfers and product development processes are preferred.
* Experience in areas like deep learning, spoken language systems, web search technology, and personalized Web services is also a plus.
* Good communication skills including written and verbal.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
* Work with a team of applied scientists, data scientists, software engineers, design team and PM to deliver high quality natural language understanding capabilities.
* Work independently and collaboratively with other research and product teams across Microsoft to build end-to-end Q&A experience and integrate them into Microsoft business application products.
* Design and build machine learning algorithms for text processing, question answering and knowledge extraction algorithms from both Web and enterprise data.
* Design and build data processing and online serving systems to enable advanced enterprise question and answering experience.
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.