As a Senior Program Manager, you are naturally curious about technology innovation and how it can be applied to solve real-world problems. You are part of a team of amazing technical program managers who help deliver on a vision to provide the best possible customer experience across Microsoft platforms and services. You empathize deeply with the challenge developers face and have a drive to build the best technical platforms and experiences for our customers.
You will lead CSE strategic technologies release program as part of our overall technical engagement efforts in coordination with Microsoft Engineering teams and technical aligned Software Engineers around the world to remove developers frictions and accelerate Microsoft Cloud adoption and usage. You will take full PM responsibility for program definition, adoption, execution, and planning process for new features supporting decision-making with customer data and market trends. You will synthesize and communicate progress against booked plan of record, share feedback and guidance that improve release program to support top customer concerns, improve the skills and quality of engagement of our customer facing teams, standardize customer evaluation and validation of new or emerging technologies, and enable customers worldwide to more easily build applications using Microsoft Azure services.
* 5+ years of experience in product planning, product management, program management, consulting or related relevant experience
* 3+ years of experience building and shipping WW programs
* BA/BS/MSc in scientific, technical or social science field or equivalent technical knowledge
* Experience driving program and business planning for a minimum of one program shipping cycle
* 15% travel to be expected in this role
* MBA or equivalent advanced technical degree
* Analytical thinker with broad, diverse background able to learn through immersion could substitute for direct technical expertise
* Comfortable as a spokesperson, presenter and all-around face of the product to the customer
* Ability to impact and influence at all levels of organization from coaching PM/SE to shifting strategy with product leadership
* Comfortable operating in a fast-paced environment with significant ambiguity as programs evolve
* Clear and well-thought communication abilities, building trust with stakeholders and managing expectations
* Highly analytical and well versed with Microsoft's program development lifecycle
* Working experience with modeling, planning and forecasting
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Define and Plan efforts:
* Define and maintain our approach (i.e. data, models, frameworks etc.) to guide our program release management capability; also provide timely analysis and market insights that help shape technology, platform and business scenarios.
Program and Project Release efforts:
* Lead our process to define, release and monitor direct technical and "code-with" related programs and efforts working in a highly collaborative environment with engineer and program managers around the world as well as with MSFT Engineering teams in Redmond.
* Define framework to release and track technical assets and learnings from the customer engagements.
* Identify and lead improvement projects to help scale, including organizational effectiveness initiatives. Define best practices and create efficient, scalable internal business operations processes.
* Drive clarity on investment priorities and deliver business insights that will inform short - and long - term product roadmap.
* Represent voice of the customer (internal and external) in strategic product management decisions including feature planning, competitive analysis, value proposition refinement, business model enhancement, partnership strategies, and revenue modeling.
* Sort through ambiguous signals from customers, product teams and market research to develop recommendations that incorporate what-if scenarios and tradeoff analyses across available options.
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.