The Azure Container Service team is creating world-class container management and orchestration services for the cloud and beyond. Our charter is to define the next generation of cloud-native infrastructure on Azure.
We are the team working on container solutions for Azure on both Linux and Windows. We have already built solutions such as:
* Managed Red Hat OpenShift on Azure - https://github.com/Azure/OpenShift
* AKS - https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/services/container-service/
* ACI - https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/services/container-instances/
* Draft - https://github.com/Azure/draft
* Brigade - https://github.com/Azure/brigade
A couple of years ago Microsoft and Red Hat made history in bringing the world's leading enterprise Linux platform, Red Hat Enterprise Linux, to Microsoft Azure, leader in enterprise cloud workloads and powerful global cloud. This also allowed for the delivery of Red Hat's extensive portfolio of open technologies to be available on Microsoft Azure, including the industry's most comprehensive enterprise Kubernetes platform, Red Hat OpenShift.
As an engineer on managed Red Hat OpenShift on Azure team, you will not only be designing and building a brand new cloud scale enterprise Kubernetes platform service, you will be doing so in an engineering collaboration with Red Hat's engineering team. This is a unique opportunity to contribute to a codeveloped product with partnership across company boundary.
We are looking for software engineers who are excited about containers, and container orchestration with Kubernetes and Red Hat OpenShift, and are also passionate about building DevOps tools that make it easier for people to build, deploy and scale their software on the Azure cloud.
* At least 5 years of experience in commercial software development (required)
* BA/BS or MS Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience. (required)
* Experience in building, shipping and operating reliable, distributed services (required)
* Ability to engage in site-reliability engineering practices. (required)
Require experience in 1+ of the 4 preferred areas below:
* Experience with workload/container orchestration using Kubernetes, Red Hat OpenShift or similar platforms. (preferred)
* Experience with container runtimes such as Docker, Rkt, runC, containers and how they are enabled by the underlying OS components. (Preferred)
* Experience in Golang. (preferred)
* Experience in Linux. (preferred)
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
* Advance the capabilities of Managed OpenShift service on Azure and auxiliary components on Azure
* Improve quality of service for Managed OpenShift on Azure service, and Microsoft Azure Kubernetes service
* Accelerate development velocity for all engineers
* Balance pragmatism with vision; deliver continuous improvements to the team's process and codebase
* Build automation to prevent and/or remediate service problems from becoming production incidents
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.