Core Services Engineering builds and manages the critical products and services that Microsoft runs on. We boldly pursue big ideas that power transformational advances at Microsoft and for our customers, while helping Microsoft teams work smarter, faster and more securely every day. Core Services Engineering employees have deep technical and business expertise, customer insights, and a clear point of view that comes from first-hand, large-scale experience with Microsoft and industry solutions. We are engineers, technology leaders and experts, digital transformation change agents, and customer advocates.
We have exciting opportunities for you to innovate, influence, transform, inspire and grow within our organization and we encourage you to apply to learn more!
We are looking for excellent software engineers that will be part of the Digital Workplace engineering team and contribute to the Digital Transformation of Microsoft physical environment. Digital Workplace deals with creating and operating work environments that are comfortable, functional, collaborative and efficient. It enables employees to realize their potential and helps Microsoft achieve greater business results. Microsoft Digital Workplace team provides global employees with a wide range of services essential for team collaboration and innovation, including dining/catering, shuttle/commute, meetings, reception/office upgrades/maintenance, and emergency prep and security. As an indicator to the scale of operations, this team covers 44 million square feet of office space, encompassing 600+ buildings across ~100 countries.
As a software engineer, you will be involved in designing, coding and testing features that enable our Digital workplace and RE&F business partners. You will develop software and services at scale, innovating on the latest technologies (IoT, Cloud, modern web, Mobile, Social, Security Software and services) while engineering as a DevOps in a highly automated environment with Continuous Integration & Deployment as well as instrumenting telemetry that helps us monitor our service and helps diagnose and resolve issues quickly. You will work closely with peers across teams to help build flexible and high-performing components that enable next generation of business services.
* 3+ years of experience in full-stack development
* 3+ years of experience of working in a team environment
* Experience with Live Site monitoring and operating in DevOps environment.
* Experience working in an Agile methodology (Scrum/Kanban/etc.) with the ability to perform multiple roles (Developer, Scrum Master)
* Experience in building mobile applications for iOS and/or Android platform using React Native, Android Studio, Swift, Objective C is a great plus
* Experience with microservices and serverless architectures
* Experience with Azure IoT suite, edge processing and IoT device management is a plus
* Passion for innovation and a vision for how technology can add ambient intelligence to the workplace.
* Capability to work independently on the most complex code contributions of a feature.
The ideal candidate will have experience in leading a highly technical team and would have worked in a team environment, with experience running and designing enterprise scale services and platforms, technical depth in cloud platforms, agile development practices, and experience in designing & tuning telemetry.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
* Develop Software Services on the cloud based on the design
* Take part in code reviews
* Be a team player and be part of a DevOps culture
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.