If you enjoy tough technical challenges and like to be a core contributor of products that would impact hundreds of millions, this is the place for you. It's a place to grow your career fast and unleash your potential as an innovator and leader. Come to enjoy the thrill of designing massive-scale cloud services that lights up mind-blowing user experiences across apps, devices and platform. Our team is responsible for building cloud services, such as Activity Feed Service, Windows Notification Service, Graph Notifications and Location Service, to enable real-time, highly-responsive and context-aware app experiences across Intelligent Edge devices. These are highly-available, hyper-scalable cloud services to significantly enhance user productivity. Applications nowadays perform many billions of transactions through these services every single day! Supporting this scale and complexity brings a whole set of exciting and challenging opportunities.
We are looking for a talented and self-driven software engineer, with great passion for agility, quality, efficiency, and the desire to drive innovation. You will work with a dedicated team of high-caliber individuals and across different disciplines who greatly enjoy working together as we deliver our technology and services to the public.
* B.Sc. / M.Sc./Ph. D. in Computer Science (or equivalent)
* 5+ years cumulative software development experience
* 2+ years' experience with .Net, C#, WebAPI, Azure, and No-SQL technologies
* Solid expertise in one of the core technical areas - networking, distributed systems, cloud technologies and tools
* Strong critical thinking, problem-solving, design and coding skills required
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Strong cross-team collaboration and organizational skills.
* Prior experience of building a large-scale online service is a huge plus and will be given special consideration.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
* Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
* Own and independently deliver core components of our services.
* Maintain an unwavering focus on Quality of Service.
* Execute with high accountability to schedule and quality.
* Participate actively in detailed designs, code reviews, bugs/issues within the feature teams, and support well informed decisions
* towards business and engineering goals.
* Work closely with partner teams when engineering & business dependencies exist.
* Coach junior team members
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.