Our mission is to empower every person and organization on the planet to achieve more, with simple, useful, and delightful products. We in Office 365 Communications and Time Management Org are constantly innovating how millions of users collaborate and communicate effectively across the enterprise to make a larger impact.
Millions of Office365 customers rely on Yammer everyday to collaborate effectively and transparently across organizations. We tackle some of the toughest challenges to drive large scale collaboration up and down the organization, enable large scale communities and groups of people, drive activity feeds and conversations, share content and knowledge, drive engagement, and build trust. At our core, we are diverse group of People, passionate about delighting our users, embracing the idea that our work is never truly finished and that we can change the way large groups of people communicate. We are customer obsessed, data driven, cloud based with a laser focus on delivering functionality at a brisk pace while staying nimble in a changing world. We are part of the O365 portfolio delivered on Azure and touch millions of users everyday!
We work together to harness the power of the cloud and to showcase new experiences that serve a wide ecosystem of devices and a diverse set of users.
We have various Principal front-end web development opportunities in San Francisco Bay Area location to build solutions that millions of users rely on every day to collaborate and make an impact. As a Principal front end engineer, you will drive the next generation of architecture and implementation of the web platform driven by React, Redux, TypeScript, GraphQL, Azure Cloud Services, etc. based on the latest tech stack and open source software in the industry. You are agile, can define and lead the north star vision, can crank out code with velocity, and are deeply passionate about delighting customers in the way they experience the journey with our product. You care deeply about code hygiene, quality, automation, tooling, and helping drive team velocity.
Intrigued? We'd love to hear from you!
* 10+ years' engineering experience building front end applications.
* Deep expertise in web markup including CSS3, HTML5
* Experience building fast and reusable, UI components under MVC or MVVM frameworks
* Strong troubleshooting and performance tuning skills.
* Good understanding of best practices of building cross browser and device independent interfaces
* Excellent teamwork and coordination skills with ability to create clarity from ambiguity
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
* Create a north star vision, design and implement the next generation Web Platform that delivers a reimagined UX experience, drives feature velocity, modularity, component reuse, performance/reliability
* Design and deliver beautiful and crisp visual experiences across web & desktop clients, scaling to audiences in the hundreds of millions.
* Partner and work collaboratively with people across Product, Design, User Research and Engineering teams to deliver complex, large-scale projects.
* Develop user facing features (consumer grade) by translating graphical design and wireframes to code
* Translate technical excellence into delightful customer experience
* Build reusable code and libraries to enable efficiency in building
* Optimize code/application for best performance and scalability of our solutions serving global web, mobile and desktop clients.
* Mentor, coach and develop engineers and lead by example
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.