Do you want to feel the excitement of each person opening their brand new Surface device and know that you had a hand in making that happen? Are you passionate about building cool devices and technologies? We are currently building the next generation and Surface needs you! You would be responsible for the customer facing software applied to every Surface device, and have the final say when devices are ready for customers to receive.
Qualifications and requirements:
* 6-8 years of Program Management experience with demonstrated success.
* A BS in Computer Science or a related field is preferred
* Ability to learn quickly and work independently while dealing with ambiguous data points and situations, with strong positive attitude
* Demonstrated ability to be detail-oriented, a self-starter and an excellent problem-solver
* Strong cross-group collaboration with focus on solving complex problems
* Excellent written communication and presentation skills are a must
* Organize and present program reviews/status to engineering, business, and senior management
* Previous software development experience required
* Ability to write excellent functional specifications.
* Ability to work well under pressure and to prioritize workloads
* Experience with manufacture of high volume electronic products required preferred
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
We are seeking an experienced, savvy and versatile Senior Program Manager who has a proven track record driving software deliverables through several product cycles. You will be responsible for building our capacity to grow the business, and our ability to turn customer requirements into high value features. You will work with internal / external partner teams, product management, architects, development, quality assurance, and user experience teams to align objectives, create functional specifications, implement a plan, manage internal and external dependencies and track execution to ultimately deliver a high-quality product. The successful candidate will have effective written and oral communication skills, excellent cross-organizational and project management skills and thrive in a highly innovative, fast paced, evolving and ambiguous environment.
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.