We are a small, Agile team responsible for delivering the VM-hosting software stack running on every server in the Microsoft Azure Compute Cloud.
As a Software Engineer working with us, your mission will be to design, develop and ship features at global scale to meet continuously evolving customer needs, while ensuring that the Microsoft Azure platform is operating with high reliability and availability.
We are keenly interested in highly self-motivated systems software engineers with the ability to handle all aspects of the software lifecycle and with a deep passion for fundamentals.
Key to success in this position is the aptitude to develop creative solutions and debug challenging problems working through multiple layers in the software stack.
* BS/MS in Computer Science or related field/degree, and/or equivalent work experience.
* 3+ years of systems-level software development experience with proficiency in C/C++
* Fluency in coding and rapid prototyping.
* Strong cross group collaboration skills.
* Ability to handle periodic live service on-call responsibilities and work in Dev-Ops mode.
* Expertise in analyzing and troubleshooting large-scale distributed systems, is a plus.
Microsoft Cloud Background Check:
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check. This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
* Design, build and develop Software to support Azure Compute.
* Drive for efficiency in the full lifecycle engineering process.
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.