Want to help shape the next generation of Microsoft's private cloud platform and work in the team where writing lots of clean code, learning, mutual respect, cross-discipline/team collaboration and having fun are the values we live by? Come talk to us!
Microsoft Azure Stack is a new hybrid cloud platform product that enables customers to deliver Azure services from their own datacenter.
At the moment we are looking for a developer to help us build and drive integration of various middle-tier services for the Azure Stack control plane. This also involves developing various features to successfully operate control plane services, which includes necessary monitoring, alerting and troubleshooting features. This position is fairly collaborative - requires working with many partner teams, learning and understanding how to use their technology. It's one of these rare opportunities where you can jump in and start driving a big area in a cool team. This is a great opportunity to provide technical leadership, contribute to innovation, design and development of world class services.
This team is for you if:
* You like building distributed systems, writing a lot of clean quality code, learning, mentoring, experimenting, collaborating and influencing.
* You value passion, creativity, collaboration, agility, accountability and passion to learn new complex technical areas.
* You are smart, motivated developer, with positive can-do attitude, who come to work with a smile and enjoy writing clean and elegant code.
* 3+ years of industry experience
* A technical degree in computer science or 5+ years of equivalent experience
* Proficient in C#/C/C++/Java
* Solid CS fundamentals, fluent in multi-threaded programming, strong inclination for architecting at scale
* Excellent technical design, problem solving and debugging skills
* Ability to plan, schedule and deliver quality software
* Azure experience is a big plus
* Post graduate degree, preferred
Cloud Background check:
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Candidate will be responsible for integration of several key services that make up AzureStack Control Plane. This involves working on existing code base, digging deep where needed to understand/fix issues, as well as contribute to the new containerized architecture.
Microsoft develops, licenses, and supports software, services, devices, and solutions.