Are you interested in working for one of the most exciting teams in Microsoft? Interested in a start-up like environment, passionate about cloud computing technology and building the next billion-dollar business? Then look no further than the Azure Team. We have developed the state-of-the-art operating system for Microsoft's Cloud Datacenters. Azure provides developers with on-demand compute and storage to create, host, scale, and manage scalable web application on the Internet through Microsoft's global data centers, and via on-premises "private cloud" deployments of the Azure Platform.
The Azure DNS team is looking for a Software Engineer to design and implement globally distributed scalable low-latency super service that provides DNS and Traffic Management capabilities. The developer will work with a team of other software developers to design and implement various components that constitute this software-based solution and ensure a timely execution of the components with high quality.
* 1 year of experience of professional software development experience
* Experience with distributed systems
* Solid user mode Design and Development skills
* Systems programming experience, proven ability to solve hard problems (scale, perf, reliability)
* Experience in designing and running fault tolerant infrastructure services that run running globally at large scale
* Fluency in low-level system programming/ Performance/ Multi-threading paradigms
* Understanding TCP, HTTP, UDP, DNS, Data center networking is a plus
* Intense eagerness to learn, ready to dive deep into complex problems
* Experience shipping products or services
* Passion and drive for profound impact
* Experience with Azure technologies is a plus
* Experience in object-oriented systems built on C++/.Net/Java runtimes
* BS or MS or PhD degree in Computer Science, or equivalent experiences
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
In this role you will be responsible for critical components of the Azure DNS stack. You will be responsible for ensuring a highly reliable and scalable DNS stack. This will include owning certain components from design, engaging with other teams to manage dependencies, implementation, to monitoring of the deployed service. This is a high visibility position in an area of large and expanding investment for Microsoft Azure and offers a terrific opportunity for technical and career growth.
We seek candidates with expertise in one or more of the following areas:
windows internals (networking stack and other OS components); traffic and performance monitoring; reliable, high quality software development; software integration; switching and routing protocols; virtualization (hypervisors; virtual machine switching); NDIS; performance optimization; distributed systems; directories; distributed hash tables; network control planes; programmable networking; control plane, fault, and performance monitoring.
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.