Within Azure COSINE, we've built a combined data science and engineering team to facilitate data-driven decision making throughout our organization. Our team has diverse, multi-disciplinary backgrounds and skills, which we leverage to improve Windows product quality and feature development. We use data and experimentation to solve engineering and business problems across the all layers of the operating system, from the kernel to the shell, from drivers to apps.
Within this group, we are hiring a software engineer for a team developing UX, APIs, and associated services that power important data-driven decision work-flows, including shipping Windows, drivers, and experiments. In this role, you will join a team of collaborative software engineers to design, implement, and monitor these services to meet the current and future needs of our customers. If you want to help power a world class data science practice enabling a large organization to make data-driven decisions, we want to hear from you!
* B.S. in Computer Science/Engineering or related fields or equivalent experience
* 3+ years of relevant industry experience
* Experience in C/C++/C#/Java or equivalent
* C#/.NET, ASP.NET, ASP.NET Core
* Mission-critical APIs and services
* Data analysis and data-driven decision making
* Web debugging technologies
* Passion for delivering resilient, highly visible service
* User interface design
* Azure-based services (CosmosDB, SQL, Redis, Service Bus, Hybrid Relay, Key Vault)
* Database patterns and practices
* Data processing pipelines
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to, the following specialized security screenings:
* Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
* Design, implement, and monitor user experiences, work-flows, and services that enable our org to make strategic product decisions
* Enable teams to conduct controlled trials and roll-outs
* Operationalize data science analyses based on cutting edge techniques in machine learning, semantic analysis, data mining, experiments, statistics, and more
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.