This role is in the M365 Admin Design Studio, with an focus on design for the Commerce Management space. This designer will be responsible for evolving and extending the Microsoft 365 experience for millions of Information Technology admins around the world, specifically in the areas of Commerce Management. All designers in our design studio must have a clear understanding of each phase of the design process: information architecture + interaction design, research + usability, rapid prototyping, visual + motion design, brand integration, and content creation.
* Bachelor's Degree in Design (or related field) or equivalent professional experience
* 5+ years of industry experience in interactive design and/or visual design
* Demonstrated breadth across Information Architecture, Usability, Interaction, and Visual Design
* Ability to create highly polished design prototypes, mockups, and other communication artifacts
* Proficiency in a variety of design tools such as Figma, Photoshop, Illustrator, Adobe XD, Sketch etc.
* Experience with a broad range of design methodologies: Interaction Design, Visual Design, Storyboarding, Sketching, Prototyping
* Experience generating design plans and specifications, red-lines, prototypes using various tools.
* Ability to deal with ambiguity
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
* Ship human-centered experiences in commercial experiences
* Participate in and/or facilitate design brainstorming and work sessions
* Produce mood boards, storyboards, design briefs, sketches, visual language guidelines, visual comps, prototypes, scenarios, process flows, information architecture diagrams, wireframes, and other artifacts required to develop and evolve user experience designs
* Work across visual, interaction, motion, brand, and other designers to ensure your contribution enhances the overall user experience
* Present design ideas and assets as needed to peers, partners, and management in ways that bring the customer story to life, Incorporate feedback into design efforts
* Implement and/or evolve Microsoft's visual design language (including grid, typography, color and other design-language patterns)
* Effectively communicate with program managers and developers through implementation to realize design vision
* Communicate, defend, and build consensus around all aspects of design and design direction
* Deliver visual assets and/or guidance (information structures and hierarchies; navigation models; animations, wireframes, flows, and other visual prototypes; and redlines) to development counterparts on time and with quality, in accordance with agile methodology
* Work with user researchers to coordinate testing efforts, interpret test results, and incorporate results into design efforts
* Understand the array of technical constraints, user goals and business requirements that shape current and future products
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.