Akamai is the world's largest and most trusted cloud delivery platform, delivering 95 exabytes of data a year across billions of devices. If you've ever shopped online, downloaded music, watched a web video or connected to work remotely, you've used Akamai's cloud delivery platform. At the heart of that platform is a set of systems that provide security, metadata delivery, communications, and infrastructure services for the entire Akamai network.
We are looking for a talented Senior Software Engineer to join our team. Our users rely on our scalable and secure platform offerings to quickly deploy and monitor apps and services which are the foundation of Akamai's products. We need versatile and creative engineers who can solve problems at all levels of the software stack, are interested in applying fresh ideas, and keep a keen eye towards leveraging existing cloud-native, open source, and public cloud applications. You will have the opportunity to use your knowledge, ingenuity, and skill to help us design and build next generation platform/infrastructure as a service (PaaS/Iaas) systems at the core of Akamai's globally distributed network.
* Design and develop new features, optimize and enhance existing software functionality
* Understand broad sets of use cases, building the right APIs and features to support them
* Improve the testability, deployment, monitorability, and maintainability of our software
* Become a subject matter expert for our systems with an ability to explain and improve complicated *code bases and assist with troubleshooting complex problems
* Help make Akamai systems faster, more scalable, reliable, and secure
About the Team
Part of our Platform Engineering organization, Akamai's System Communications (SysComm) team is in charge of developing distributed systems and platform infrastructure services to support Akamai's global network powered by over 250,000 servers. These systems operate behind the scenes to secure our network, help product teams bring their latest ideas to market, and provide the fault-tolerant and highly-scalable core of Akamai's communications, configuration, and monitoring systems.
Required Education and Experience
Applicants must meet one of the following education and experience requirements:
* 2 years of relevant experience and a Bachelor's degree or
* Relevant experience and a Master's degree or PhD or
* Equivalent professional experience
3+ years experience in Python, Java or Go.
3+ years experience with Linux.
Experience with common Internet protocols such as TCP/IP, HTTP, DNS, and TLS/SSL.
* MS or PhD degree in Computer Science or related field.
* Strong interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills.
* Self-motivated, highly responsible, able to work on multiple projects in parallel with little supervision.
* Experience building scalable, production-grade distributed systems.
* Experience with virtualization and orchestration technologies such as virtual machines, Docker, and Kubernetes.
* Experience with orchestration and containerization technologies such as Kubernetes.
* Familiarity with storage systems such as PostgreSQL, Apache Cassandra, and Redis.
* Familiarity with distributed messages systems such as Kafka.
* Familiarity with Angular, CSS, NodeJS, WSGI, Apache WebServer and Nginx.
Akamai Technologies is a provider of cloud services for delivering, optimizing and securing online content and business applications across any device.