Akamai is seeking a Software Engineer to enhance the customer portal experience for products used to manage Internet traffic and DNS records. These products are key parts of our customers' infrastructure; therefore, providing a highly functional and intuitive interface for configuration, monitoring, and issue resolution is essential to their success. The Internet is a complex and noisy environment, and there are no simple answers to the problems faced by our customers. This is precisely what makes the job fun and rewarding to anyone seeking a challenge.
As part of the team, you will improve existing UI applications as well as design new ones to respond to business needs. You will also work with engineering colleagues to maintain and improve applications that interface with back-end software, and with technical writers on documentation. You must be a self-starter who is comfortable working in a fast-paced environment. You must be able to work collaboratively within the team and with other teams at Akamai.
About the Team
Our team is a part of Platform Mapping Engineering, the group responsible for the software that directs traffic for Akamai's globally distributed network of servers. This code is key to Akamai's success, allowing us to manage our customers' Internet information flows with industry-leading performance and reliability.
Required Education and Experience
Applicants must meet one of the following education and experience requirements:
● 2 years of relevant experience and a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or its equivalent or
● Equivalent professional experience
● Minimum 2 years experience developing web applications
● 2+ years' experience with a modern front-end application framework, preferably AngularJS. Desired Skills
● Proven ability to write robust, modular, well-tested web applications
● Working knowledge of common Internet protocols (IP, TCP, SSL/TLS, HTTP, DNS, etc.)
● Understanding of responsive web design techniques as well as the limitations of the devices and browsers of our users
● Experience building highly available web applications with technologies such as; Java, Python, Perl or PHP
● A strong work ethic and positive attitude
● Ability to work in a small-team environment ● Strong oral and written communication skills
About Akamai Technologies
Akamai Technologies is a provider of cloud services for delivering, optimizing and securing online content and business applications across any device.